Woot Smilies

:wink:

Who is going to service the:

Warranty: 1 Year Kodak

With Kodak no longer in business?

vintage batteries.mmmm

what do you mean these leak?

Thanks TT, yer pretty handy too! :happy:

The only thing I can find on that is one review (of 3) on Amazon.

Thank you for the information.

In for 2!

Hmm, I think NiMH rechargeable AA and AAA batteries are the answer rather than buying a ton of one-use batteries. Buy enough NiMH batteries to keep you happy and a quality charger that won’t bake the batteries (like the Maha MHC401FS dual speed charger) and they’ll last for 500 cycles or more if you charge them on “slow” mode as much as possible. It makes financial sense and green sense.
NiMH is toxic so recycle at end of life

Most NiMH AAA cells are around 950 milliamp-hour and AAA(EDIT:“AA”!) cells are around 2300 milliamp hour at 1.2 volts.

Chapter 11 Bankruptcy is not the same thing as being ‘no longer in business’. Staying in business is, in fact, the very object of filing.

I don’t mean to indicate whether or not Kodak is to honor warranty or to what to degree; but should all else fail, Woot! has your back:

"How do I return a defective product?

Unless we specifically tell you not to, call the manufacturer of the product you bought. You will likely get a replacement of a new model or better item from them. If we still haven’t dissuaded you, email rma@woot.com with your woot order number, the name of the product you are returning, and the detailed problem with the item. We will respond with return authorization by the next business day. Because we aren’t likely to have a replacement in stock, you should be prepared for a refund-only option if that’s all we can do. Know that return freight will be at your expense. Again, you will probably get a better deal from the manufacturer, or whoever else handling member service for that product."

I just want to remind everyone, this could make a nice donation to toys for tots if you want to buy an extra one. People always remember to donate the toys, very few remember to donate the batteries it takes to power them.

Any ideas how many milliamp-hours these are?

HP has a table that indicates a 1.5V battery with amperage of 2750 mAh @ 75°F (24°C).

This is not true. According to Kodak on their own site, they will remain in the battery business.

http://www.kodak.com/ek/US/en/Kodak_Focuses_Consumer_Business_On_More_Profitable_Growth_Opportunities.htm

Kodak’s continuing consumer products and services will include:

• Retail-based photo kiosks and digital dry lab systems, a market in which Kodak is the clear worldwide leader. Kodak pioneered the retail-based kiosk market, and the company now has more than 100,000 kiosks and order stations for dry lab systems around the world, with some 30,000 of those units connected to the most popular photo-sharing sites.

• Consumer inkjet printers, where Kodak has outpaced overall market growth for several years. Kodak consumer inkjet printers provide consumers with high-quality output and the lowest total ink replacement cost. Consumers can send documents and photos to Kodak printers from anywhere, using any web-connected device.

• Kodak apps for Facebook, which make it easy for consumers to obtain photo products using photos from their Facebook albums.

• Kodak Gallery (www.kodakgallery.com), a leading online digital photo products service. Kodak Gallery enables consumers to share their photos, and offers product and creation tools that enable people to do more with their photos.

*** The Kodak camera accessories and batteries businesses. These products are universally compatible with all camera brands, and extend into other consumer product segments such as charging units for smartphones. **

• The traditional film capture and photographic paper business, which continues to provide high-quality and innovative products and solutions to consumers, photographers, retailers, photofinishers and professional labs.

Upgrades? Firmware? These are BATTERIES. Where are you trying to plug in the usb cable to upgrade them??? :sunglasses:

Kodak spun off its battery division into a seperate company years ago - they just license the name. Though I bet they are looking for a new name now…

In for 1 of each… store them in your freezer.

Good point Dan,I’ve always included the batteries but great idea to put a 72 pack in the box of toys when you drop them off.

Rechargeables arn’t always practical.

Take the kids leap-pad devices… even with high-quality brand new rechargeables- they get about 1 hr use before the batteries need recharging again.

AA Rechargables don’t last long enough in certain products before they drain too quickly.

Any concern about the exposure to high temperatures in warehouses and trucks while traveling via smartpost in August?