Kodak ZD710 7MP Digital Camera with 10x Optical Zoom

Note: This post contains pricing information for future reference because it is generally not available elsewhere once the next Woot has been offered.

Kodak ZD710 7MP Digital Camera with 10x Optical Zoom
$109.99 + $5 shipping
condition: Refurbished
product: 1 Kodak ZD710 7MP Digital Camera with 10x Optical Zoom

Now this seems like a good camera. Kodak used to be #1, but what about now in the digital world, do they still compare?

No they don’t.

I own an older Kodak model similar to this one, and I love it! I’m no pro, but it does a great job at what I need it to do.

• 16:9 wide screen mode
  • 10x optical
  • refurb

I preface this by saying I have no idea what I’m talking about. How does this camera compare to digital SLR cameras? I see the shots my friends get with their SLR cameras, and I’d like to have that kind of quality in my photos too. Will this approximate that quality?

My camera now is a Canon SD-1000 point and shoot, but I’m planning a trip to Africa soon and want something better.

Who carries around a camera this size anymore. I would think if you are a “professional” and lugging around an SLR, you would go with something other than Kodak.

No. Kodak is the Yugo of digital cameras.

Amazon Reviews:

Teh frooooooooooooogle:

http://www.google.com/products?show=dd&q=kodak+Z710+7MP

^ That Amazon review was for a 12x Optical Camera… this is 10x

I’m in for one of these refurbished DSLR’ish camera

No, it will not approximate that quality. The lens is nowhere near as good, and the sensor in this camera is miniscule compared to the sensor size in the DSLRs.

But, for most people, to take better pictures you don’t necessarily need a super nice DSLR. You just need to learn how to take better pictures.

This isn’t even close to DSLR.

this camera is nothing close to an SLR… it is still a decent camera but nothing compared to the newer Nikon and Cannon cameras

WRONG: Z710 isn’t same as ZD710. The ZD710 has Image Stabilization and supports higher ISO:

http://www.google.com/products?q=kodak+Zd710&show=dd

By the way: Currently $149 at Costco.com (new, not refurb) with 2GB SD card thrown in for free…

Thanks. And your last point is a good one – I’m a terrible photographer and I always have been. Some people got it and some people don’t. I don’t.

Here are some examples of photos taken with this model:

KODAK = GARBAGE, SERIOUSLY. DON’T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS!