Kodak ZD710 7MP Digital Camera with 10x Optical Zoom

Same problem on Woot…I had trouble getting onto both sites a few hours ago. Technical difficulties?

Batteries - USE LITHIUM!

I have this camera and it will eat Alkaline batteries in minutes. It will go 300 shots on the blue lithium batteries.

I think it’s kind of funny that the Yahoo Shopping “Compare New Prices” link from that page does not show this deal today. Isn’t that was sellout is all about?

Also try using NiMH batteries. I have many of them and they work nicely.

is any one elses order taking a really long time to process?

I am giving up on Woot’s processing. Sellout’s product shouldn’t “sellout” too fast b/c there are close deals out there.
The Woot deal is too great to pass up.
This camera seems nice also, but I already bought a Samsung 10 MP one.

does this capture audio with the video?

Yes. At max 640x480 res expect about 5 min per 2GB SD card though.

Yup, what maeder just said. I’d add that it saves in Quicktime format, which sucks. RAD Video Tools (a free app) does an inconsistent job converting these to other formats, while media-convert.com seems to work where RAD fails. You can also append an audio clip to still images, but i haven’t played with that. Oh, and i’ve found that if you’ve just exerted yourself and are breathing harder than normal (hiking, couple flights of stairs, clown sex, etc) most smaller cameras will capture your breathing in the video clips. So far i haven’t had that with this camera.

All things considered, i find my refurb WOOT to be quite a decent camera, delivering good to excellent results under a variety of lighting conditions. My biggest complaint is on extreme close-ups, were it’s damn hard to find a good focus. But being a digital, you just keep shooting until you find it and delete the failures.

a 7 MP 10x optical camera without a li-ion rechargeable battery? Would have been great if it had that… not even worth getting without it.

Actually I can get over 100 shots with some standard NiMh batteries from zbattery.com.

I have had pretty bad luck with Kodak digital cameras, but that might just be me. IT really would be nice to have this zoom capability though.

Does anyone know how much the rechargeable battery that goes with this camera would cost?

I went to sleep while it was still processing, but when I woke this morning, all was well and the camera was on its way to me.

I just trashed an older Kodak digital, with which I had pretty good luck. I find using either the easyshare dock or a USB cable to be unacceptable for speed, but the USB on this camera is said to be 2.0, so should be just as fast as putting the card into a card reader.

I wouldn’t ever trust batteries that came with a camera. I use rechargeables whenever I can. It’s better for the planet, long-term, and better for my wallet, too.

I bought this camera a year ago at wal-mart for about $250 and love it. I haven’t had any problems with the battery. I normaly get about 300+ pics out of a battery.

Here’s a sample of the panoramic feature with this camera. I took this photo yesterday…

Panoramic Cows

I’ve read some reviews, and despite all of the positive features, I hear speed is an issue, particularly how long it takes to write a photo to the card before you can take another picture. Now, I usually don’t take a lot of shots in rapid succession like trying to capture motion, but sometimes I do want to take a few right in a row. Has this been a problem for you?

I have had no battery issues with this camera. But like any camera if you leave the lcd on for extended periods of time or use the flash a bunch the battery life will suffer.

I think all cameras should use AAs. They make great rechargeable AAs and if you ever find yourself somewhere without access to a charger you can just go to any store and buy some regular batteries. AAs will be around long after the camera is in the trash bin, you never have to worry about the batteries going bad and trying to find replacements on the internet.

I also got this camera last time it was on woot. It has been great. The zoom is awesome, was very handy to have at my daughters graduation. While on vacation I took a lot of shots from our hotel balcony of the kids down at the pool. Came out great.

After hearing all the complaints about the batteries I got a few extra rechargeables and ended up not needed them. It ended up not being as bad as some said.
Also havent had any problems with the write speed either.

The write speed is my biggest complaint but it may be partially due to the slow cards (read cheapest) SD card I buy. If speed is your biggest concern, get an SLR. This is not the camera you want for taking 6 shots a second.

Hey dennism (or anyone else who owns the camera)! Can you tell me if there is any way to get rid of all the info presented to you while taking the picture on the LCD display, including the stupid square brackets in the middle of the screen. I hate these. I have a Minolta z5 and it has an i (info) button that pressed repeatedly will end up in decreasing/changing the information on the screen to nothing at all and I like that. But I don’t see that very common in digital cameras. I see that this one has an i (info/help) button, but I was wondering if this one also gets rid of the square brackets in the middle of the screen. I don’t know why the manufacturers put it there. The screen is small enough to figure out the middle of the screen where it normally focuses (unless you are using some special feature) without having to block your view with some stupid square bracket.

Any info will be helpful.

Thanks.