Kodak Zx1 HD Pocket Video Camera Bundle

Anyone happen to own both this and the Flip UltraHD. I bought the UltraHD online yesterday for ~130 and it’s set to be delivered tomorrow. This seems like a much better deal based on the fact that I can upgrade to a 32GB SD card instead of stuck with only the 8GB. Under the same conditions how does the video of the Zx1 stand up to the Flip UltraHD?

that about says it all. the funny part is the list price is the same for all of them (149.99). gotta love it.

No, this will get about 1 hour per 2 GB, at the 720p/30fps mode.

Fully charged NiMH batteries will go about 2 hours of continuous shooting.

It says to choose from a wide array of colors. Yet it doesn’t give you that option when purchasing. Am I going to receive some random color like hot pink???

Ahem… that’s most likely part of the manufacturer’s literature on the product and doesn’t necessarily mean we have a variety of colors. You could always adjust the color on your monitor though.

I got my camera a few months ago, at about $45, from an office supply chain, using a few coupons and rebates. I used it quite a bit in the past couple of weeks… Picture quality is fine but one has to be aware of the SD Flash speed. I tries using a few slower memory cards and that resulted in lost frames. I am using 8GB or 16GB cards (acquired when memory was reasonably priced) and the results are good.

I’m in for 1, but what color???

very impressive 720p hd footage on vimeo
audio is annoying though

Here’s cnets review with video of the camera.

I dunno if this woot staff member quite understood what the ‘complaint comment’ from a wooter was referring to… I think the wooter was complaining about the fact that we are not given an option to choose between the colors of the camera’s exterior like black, blue, pink, et cetera. maybe he was just being satirical. idk.

I have one of these and they are GREAT! The camera is much better then the flip version. In the zx1 you can change out the batterys and always add more memory if you need to…I would like to see the flips do that…

bdw this is the same pack they sell at wall-mart for 130$ the color is blue

Can anyone tell me how this camera stacks up against Kodak’s new Zi8? What are the differences? I know I can purchase the Zi8 for around $170 online. I just want to understand if it’s worth the extra $100.

wondering if i should just bite or save up on a Zi8 deal?

the zi8 is better, it has a optional mic input and image stabilization and does full 1080p video. If you want a pocket camera that is under 100$ this would be the one

Dont know if anyone has replied to you yet - but I’ve been using the HD flip for my last few full short films, and the picture quality is AMAZING. It’s auto whitebalance is something to be aware of, but what really sold me was the side by side review at www.camcorderinfo.com just look up flips and it should show up. according to them, the Kodak has the worst footage, even worse than the sony webby, but they tout it’s storage space.

All cameras are blue, like what we have pictured.

It is tempting, and it’s a nice package deal, but the camera does not have the basic digital video image stabilization which will result in even the most steady handed user capturing annoying shaky video if you don’t use a tripod. It also records the video sound in Mono. Who the heck makes a camera that records video in HD, but the sound in Mono? Er… Kodak does? :confused:

Plus, it records video in Quicktime movie format which makes it a pain in the keester. You’ll have to buy additional 3rd party software to manipulate and edit the recorded video off the camera.

So how about the details of the cards that work correctly. I am thinking they need to be at least Class 4, probably 6. No info anywhere I can find about the video bitrate this produces.

detailed review… i’m in for one.

Thanks for the tip re Ashampa. I love my Kodak Z but there’s one stupid trick any newbies should know." Always make surethe little lens is squeaky clean. Otherwise you’ll get very blurry footage like I brought back from India just after I bought mine this summer.