Kona Electric Guitar

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

Kona Electric Guitar
$97.99 + $5 Standard OR $18 Two-Day OR $21 One-Day Shipping
Condition: New

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

NOT FOR ME

I have been playing guitar for 45 years. In my 20’s I worked in a music store part time during the holidays. I am sure you have heard the old adage, “You get what you pay for!” That goes triple when it comes to musical instruments. The most common problems you find with these extremely low end guitars are many. Can’t be tuned. Fails to stay in tune. Mistunes and you go up and down the neck. Fret buzz. Also, electronic failures in the pick ups and the posts in the volume and tone controls either not working well of going bad and/or becoming noisy when used. The bottom line is $200 or $300 well spent beats the heck out of $100 thrown away! The $200 range is where the bottom end of brand new usable instruments are found when discounted. Pass on this one folks.

It is possible that things have changed since 25 years ago, you know.

In particular, low-end guitars have improved immeasurably in recent years. I don’t know if I’ve seen this exact model but I have played several Kona knockoff guitars and they have been uniformly outstanding for the money. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy this for a beginner or as a low-risk alternative to taking a nice guitar on a dodgy gig.

Yeah old timer, what the heck could you possibly know? LOL (just kidding)