Koss Custom Fit Noise Isolating Earbuds – 2 Pack

Sold out quicker than a BOC…How is that possible. Darn Missed my two.

2 for tuesday??

i got em the last time woot had em, and i like em. the inline volume control is nice if someone is trying to talk to you, and good sound quality too.

Yeah, I own several pairs. The sound quality is pretty poor, I think. I bought 3 2packs on the last woot I saw them on, thinking they would be good gifts. Not so much. They aren’t the worst I have ever hand, but they are not anything special, and the pricing is not great for what they are. If you didn’t buy, you missed out on nothing.

Damn!

Me too.

Wanted to buy three more two-kits – bought ONE two-fer on two-for-tuesday when they sold them, they are the BEST phones I’ve ever had.

Last night, the cats picked my shirtpocket while I was napping, pulled the Zune out, removed the Koss phones, wound the cord around the nightstand leg, and removed one of the rubber cushions.

Argh.

Thankfully, Koss will sell us five pairs of the rubber cushions for $5 including shipping.

Still, I REALLY wanted to buy more of these. By the time my pathetic modem loaded the buy page, the fantastic quantity of SEVEN sets had been sold out. Go figure.

C’mon, Woot, PLEASE list a decent quantity of these things, instead of a teaser that only frustrates people.

And a PS to those who complain that these are lousy phones, no highs, no lows, tinny sound… as the old saying goes, “stick it in your ear!”

Really.

These phones MUST establish a good seal in the ear canal. If they do NOT fit snugly, so that NO “leakage” past the rubber seal occurs, they WILL sound awful.

But, IF they are properly worn, the sound quality is truly amazing. And at this price, it’s like a gift. That is, when they do list enough of them to sell!

woohoo i missed out on nothing

Be careful, these are cat temptations. They seem to think them even more fun than a laser pointer.

Even my 15 year old boy who is generally pretty lethargic, not in the best of health, who spends most of his time sleeping on my hat (one of his quirks) goes instantly into hunter-killer mode if he spies one of the Koss earphones (like, if one swings through the air as I’m wrapping it around my Zune).

I haven’t seen him that active in YEARS.

And, see my post above for a tale of woe that is apt to happen to you too, if your cats get to your phones when you’re not around. (I must have spent a half hour with a flashlight looking for it – they either ate it, or hid it REAL good. Hopefully Koss will mail the replacements soon!)

I’m not that happy with mine. The sound quality is fine, but the left earbud (the one with the shorter wire) is significantly louder than the right one.

I also don’t like that when fitted properly, these form a vacuum seal with my ear canal. When you insert them, you get a loud popping noise that can’t be good for your eardrum.

I have another pair of Koss earbuds, the Sparkplug, that are also noise isolating, but don’t plug a vacuum. Unfortunately, the Sparkplugs are annoyingly fragile.

you obviously don’t have any knowledge on headphones.