Krampuses!!!

At first I was like “what?”
And then I was like “hey!”
And then I was like “ah!”
And finally I was like “LOL”

I love Krampus, but I can’t explain to my four year-old that naughty children are kidnapped by a horned, cloven-hoofed demon, so it saps some of the fun out of it.

The reference here is a good one, definitely gets the tone of A Christmas Story right. Fun shirt.

Nice shirt, but pretty silly that they didn’t sell it sooner. Having to choose to pay an extra $5 to get it by Christmas… horrible planning. When else would you need it by? Seriously?!

Dude… How are they selling any of these? The design is too complex. The krampus allusion is way to obscure to mean anything to the vasty majority of … well, anyone.

Oh yeah, and it’s just ugly.

Well go on and buy it then, smartass!

I’m buying it! I’m buying it!

Um. I woulda bought it if it was in time for St. Nicholas’ Day (Dec 6). That’s the day that Krampus traditionally comes with his entourage to cart away and/or beat naughty children in sacks.

So what’s up with putting Krampus shirts up a week AFTER Krampusnacht?

We actually celebrate St. Nicholas’ day at our house with the tradition that St. Nick puts small gifts in good kids’ shoes while they sleep on Dec 6th. My 3 year old is on his P’s and Q’s, not because of Santa, but because of Krampus.

Definitely not fork tongued in the drawings… woot, I am disappoint.

Is it too late to request a Krampus derby?

They’re also kinda like the Grinch. That left one is carrying away the roast beast like nobody’s business!

It’s not “the dad” it’s The Old Man. And it’s the turkey he’s most pissed about.

False.

Totally buying this! Christmas Story has always been one of my favorite movies. Years ago I worked in a small town in that area of Indiana, and a co-worker told me that Flick was a real person and owned a bar in Hammond (altho there seems to be some question about that).

Plunking down $5 so I can have it in time for my Christmas trip to Indiana!

Fa ra ra ra ra, ra ra ra ra!!! :smiley:

This looks more like a monkeygeddon than the monkeygeddon shirt

Easily the best holiday tradition.

Agreed, there’s too much going on in the image. I’d have to explain it too often, which would probably sound to someone else like: “Ralphie–‘A Christmas Story’–Bumpus’ dogs–Krampus–Bavarian folklore–bwah, bwah wah-wah-wah, [NERD] [NERD] [NERD] [NERD] [NERD]…”

Totally off-topic question, but I figured this would be the fastest way to find out: If I purchased something on one of the other Woot stores, does the $5 shipping cost apply to T-Shirts as well?

With more and more shirts becoming a melange of memes, it has me wondering, woot! community, how does one pronounce meme?

I keep hearing meme like theme, team or extreme.

Still others prefer meme like men or ah-hem.

Does this change with your enthusiasm for said meme? such as I’m keen on this meme or, if feeling underwhelmed, more like meh-me. Nice shirt by the way - seems naughty children aren’t the only category within the Krampus’ kleptomania.

Memetally challenged,

-Gustaverson

Krampus is so much cooler than Santa. In parts of Europe, people will dress up like Krampus and try and scare you. Sometimes they’ll beat you with a stick. Why can’t we have that here?

according to dictionary.com, it is pronounced [meem]

Because we like our underpants to be clean and not become dirty due to uncontrolled bodily functions after seeing such a disturbing creature.

Let me know if I’m speaking for myself though…