Kreepy Krauly Prowler 820

I believe this also qualifies for a $100 rebate from Pentair. Worth checking out, that would make it a great price. Has pretty good reviews on the mothership. I’ve very tempted as our Polaris is almost worthless and constantly tangled in its own umbilical.

https://pentairpool.com/en/support/rebate%20center/product%20rebates?utm_source=Rebate%20Form&utm_medium=Print&utm_campaign=2017Hurricane%20Rebate

Hey, Woot overlords! Can you verify this for us please? Seems like you’d sell A LOT more of these if they qualified for the $100 Pentair rebate!!!

This thing confuses me . . . I don’t know if your Polaris lives in the pool ALL the time like mine used to (no longer have a pool, thank god) but this one, you wheel up and drop in and let it run and then bring it back in . . . seems less convenient than a Polaris just living in the pool. Polaris’s need bearing, diverter, wheel, body part replacement about every 18 months, but the parts are pretty cheap (don’t buy them at your local pool shop, order online) and you can keep the thing running like a top. Or just fill in the pool and go to the local Y or neighborhood pool instead and save your money and sanity.

That would be a question for Pentair. Sorry.

Hi Woot!
Your friendly neighborhood human that can read words good.
Since you linked the user manual, I’ll go ahead and tell you what it says that contradicts your description. This happens so frequently, if I had a nickel for every time your distributor was blowing smoke up your hooha, I could buy more of your crap.
“Before installing the cleaner, understand cleaner coverage:
The cleaner is designed to rid your pool of debris in approximately 4-6
hours” not 2.5 hours.
“Cleaners Include:
• Cleaner with 55 ft. floating cable
• Caddy and Power Supply”
Woot, you owe 5 ft. of cable. And you better not be keeping the Power Supply for yourselves.

If you do end up reading the user guide, you will be comforted to know that half of the troubleshooting tips are
“you got algae, this thing don’t scrub algae, you scrub algae.”
Ok, I’m paraphrasing here, but you get the point.