Kuhn Rikon 4200 4th Burner Multi Pot

I really like the brand name of this product.

THIS is Kuhn

http://www.amazon.com/Kuhn-Rikon-4th-Burner-Multi/dp/B00381ANTG/ref=sr_1_1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1323225371&sr=1-1

Amazon - $34.99

Great reviews too. In for one!

These are totally, incredibly awesome… I pair it up with an MSR backpacking stove, bring a few fresh mushrooms, and make the most unbelievable backcountry culinary offerings… Incredibly, highly recommended…

KUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHN

I usually like kuhn rikon, too; however, I was a little disappointed with the quality of this pot. I bought it at amazon around Easter-time and it started getting rust spots the first week.

in for 3, i like this brand. Nice for steaming my favourite sweet corns.

Wow works on induction too. I just can’t see myself needing to use all four burners at once though.

In for 2…

Maybe I missed it, but where does it say it works with induction plates? Good stainless steel will not work with induction. You need to find a lower grade that a magnet sticks to in order for it to work. Cast iron is even better.

Received these still in a box that still had the QVC return address written on the outside of one box and a cut out area where the address would have been on the other box. THESE ARE NOT NEW but RETURNS from previous buyers who bought them on QVC!! Also, these are made in China and falsely labeled as 18/10 stainless steel as stamped on the bottom of these pots.

However, when I placed a magnet near the pot it immediately stuck to it which it should NOT do if these were really 18/10 stainless steel. Here is the explanation from the Stainless Steel Industry of North America website.

“The first number is the amount of chromium that is contained in the stainless, i.e., 18 is 18% chromium. The second number is the amount of nickel, i.e., 8 stands for 8% nickel. So 18/8 means that this stainless steel contains 18% chromium and 8% nickel. 18/10 is 18% chromium and 10% nickel. The higher the numbers the more corrosion resistant the material. 18/0 is a misleading designation. Both 18/8 and 18/10 contain nickel and are part of the grade family “300 series” stainless. 18/0 means that there is 18% chromium but zero nickel. When there is no nickel the stainless grade family is the “400 series”. 400 series are not as corrosion resistant as the 300 series and are magnetic, where the 300 series are non-magnetic.”
Based on that statement from SSINA these pots are made with an inferior steel that is more susceptible to corrosion.
Looks like China is trying to make us think this a higher quality product by stamping them with the 18/10 designation and therefore worth a higher price.

Mine was also delivered in a QVC box with the return address cut off. The pot has never been used but it’s still kind of weird to get someone’s returned item being sold as “new.”

The QVC discussion forum has a Q&A page set up with lots of questions/answers about this product, including cooking instructions.

http://answers.qvc.com/answers/1689/product/K27457/markcharles-misilli-k27457-the-ultimate-4th-burner-pot-by-markcharles-misilli-questions-answers/questions.htm?expandquestion=227392

Interesting. I know the bottom is encapsulated but I don’t know with what. The bottom is very magnetic, the sides much less so. I was surprised by the (opened) QVC boxes as well.