Kuhn Rikon 4th Burner Pot

Love the story today - “murder in the culinary degree”! There are some folks I can think of who should have their pots and pans revoked, it’s true…

I have one of these in the all stainless, and I love it.

It doesn’t take up much room on the stove, and the strainer lid is great.
I use it mostly for pasta.

In for 3 more (Xmas is coming!)

I got this pot the last time it was on Woot and absolutely LOVE it! I’ve boiled a dozen eggs at a time, cooked rotini, steamed broccoli…and it takes up so little room on the stove! I love that it cooks on the small burner! Cleans well, too!

I bought the red on the last time it was on woot, and let me say: I am in love! It makes hard boiling eggs a breeze (just lower the basket), pasta is easy peasy (lid drain holes are a brilliant idea), and steaming broccoli is fast with little clean up (just enough water fits below the basket to steam without the florets getting soaked). <3

Wow — our above two comments are like ESP across woot!
EDIT: I am a little weirded out right now! chuckle

My stove has a smooth cook top, which has been a challenge (but that’s another story), so I measured. This pot is an inch narrower than my smallest burner, which would not be efficient. Drat!

After reading all of the reviews, I think I will hold out for the stainless steel version.

I bought one last time, and I use it to steam corn on the cob. It’s absolutely perfect for that. I’ve been boiling it all this time - but why use so much water?

On the other hand, I’d hoped to bring it camping, but it’s too big for that (for me, at least - I usually camp alone).

My one issue is that the handle gets hot. I find that if I move the pot off to the side on the burner, the handle can stay manageable. Otherwise, I need a potholder to pick it up.

I got one in the Wootoff on 7/24. Not much to say other than it works great. The integrated strainer is very handy.

All these comments about steaming are nice–but more importantly–can I deep fry in this bad boy??

Wondering the same thing. I don’t know why we couldn’t fry in it, unless the basket coating would flake?

After a quick Googling, I found on QVC answers: “Yes. I have two and one I keep oil in all the time, fits right in my frig and keeps the oil good.”

I’ll bet it doesn’t work on induction (drat, shouldn’t have ordered after 2 martinis…) - it’s stainless steel, which doesn’t normally work on MY induction burner (although some snooty cooking store guy informed me that was because my cookware wasn’t ‘high end’ enough, and since this little pot is under twenty bucks I’m guessing IT’S not high end enough either).

UPDATE: Woot replied to my email, and is making it right! TY Woot…you all are AWESOME…I will continue to be a faithful customer. Received mine today. Ordered the color YELLOW. On the inside sticker it is printed YELLOW, but the inside of the box, my colored Kuhn pot was red…hmmmm lil sticker on the outside of the packing box states “red”…somebody dropped the ball on this one…and yes, I have sent Woot an Email…a lil Sad in the Mid-West today. 8(

[youtube=7GwtGF386Xs][/youtube]

I hope this helps you even just a little bit. (Thank you for mailing in!)

(big giggles)…It cooled me down…and TY to the staff for the quick reply to my email. Woot is still #1 with me. 8)

I wash and trim asparagus and then tie together with a string or even an elastic band drop into basket then after cooking remove easily with tongs place in serving bowl and cut and remove string.

Bought this in August and left in the box until December as a gift (the box was stored inside, so it wasn’t exposed to extreme temperatures or anything). Finally used it the other day to boil pasta, and when going to wash it, the handle broke clean off. There’s a weld under the handle that the screw attaches to, and that’s what broke. Considering the number of good reviews for this, I assume it is a defective unit. Either way, I’d recommend using it right away and putting it through some stress tests. Since it’s been so long, I don’t think I’ll have much recourse in a return or replacement.

You’ve got a 1 year warranty through the manufacturer! You may want to contact them and let them know your situation.

If you run into any difficulty along the way, feel free to email Support@Woot.com so we can help.