Kuhn Rikon 4th Burner Pot

Does this work on an induction cooktop?

On Amazon’s page it says yes you can.

Edit: I should have been more clear, this was contingent upon it being the same model number(4200) as found on Amazon. From the photos they appear to be the same, but without the model number there is no positive identification and no way to verify if this one has the same sandwiched core as the 4200.

Check this post below for more info.

Update: The model/item shipped was 4203, which appears to be a less expensive version of model 4200. The pot is a non-stick coated aluminum pot. Nowhere on the included sheet does it state either way if it is or isn’t usable on an induction cook top. The box it was shipped in is plain brown cardboard with one stick with the UPC code and the color.

300 series stainless steel would not work on a induction stove.

400 series stainless steel would work on a induction stove.

depends on what kind of stainless steel they use.

As stated on Amazon:

18/10 stainless steel and aluminum sandwich base for optimum heat distribution, suitable for cooking on all stovetops including induction stoves

The link to Amazon. I can’t find the model number that Woot! is selling, but it appears to be the 4200. The photos look the same.

Maybe a Woot! staff member could verify the model number and if it can be used on an induction stove then get back to us.

Update: The stainless steel, as stated above(18/10), would be the 300 series in this case and would not be magnetic, but the aluminum would be. So if my research is correct, and if this is the same model as on Amazon, then this most likely would work on an induction stove. Would need the model number to be sure.

Additional Update: Info from sheet included with the item states the pot is a non-stick coated aluminum pot. The basket is a stainless strainer basket, note the lack of the word steel.

I wanted to get a red one, as all my pots and pans, canisters, can opener, air pot, etc. have red finishes. Unfortunately, Woot won’t let me have a red one - I guess the red is sold out.
Maybe next time?

Even less expensive than on a Wootoff, Does this place have a 30 day price guarantee?

There is a 1 Year Warranty with Kuhn Rikon.

It’s got little feet in the basket, so it sits up about half an inch.

I bought two of these last time they were here. I love them mostly for the pop of color they provide in my kitchen. I’ve used them for canning pint jars, which worked fine. But, it took 50 minutes for the water to come to a boil. My giant canner pot takes less time to boil. This is on a gas stove. As a steamer, or warming pot it’s fine. I’m sure I’ll come up with more uses but I’ll avoid anything that involves waiting for a pot to boil:)

Here’s a photo I took for size comparason.

The following links are from the discussion of a previous offering of this product, since they are using the same photos, specs and features as they did on September 12, 2012 I assume they are the same. Again, without model numbers, its any ones guess. Reading the links below, they were also guessing.

Comment by zvwang.

Reply by wallix.

Also:
From the product features of this offering:

The silicone coated handle on pot and insert stay cool to the touch

If I read and understand this correctly, and, if by insert they do mean the basket, then the photos do not reflect this. The baskets in the photos do not have a silicone coating like in the photo I posted in my earlier post of a different model showing the relative size. As the baskets appears in this offering’s photos, I would not suggest picking them up by hand to serve your steamed vegetables. I wonder if they meant the lid?

Update: Handles are made of bakelite. This was taken from the sheet included with the item. The basket has no protection, wire only.

I love it for boiling eggs too. The steam basket makes it so much easier.

rubish wrote:Even less expensive than on a Wootoff, Does this place have a 30 day price guarantee?

I think they were talking about getting some money back for the difference in price from when they bought it from woot! previously.

OHHH my bad. I misread the post.

No we don’t have a price matching guarantee. We offer each deal at different times and with different prices.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

I’ve been tempted every time they came up, but your small batch canning tip just put me over the edge.

In for three - two for gifts. Thanks!

I’ve been pretty happy about mine. It was taller than I expected, but with the steamer basket, it’s been great for steaming small batches of veggies. (Of course, then my mom bought some silicon and plastic steamers for the microwave which kind of rendered the feature useless.) But for a single serving meal in a pot, it’s pretty nice. It also have two sets of different size drain holes in the lid for easy draining of pasta/grains/etc.

Can it be used on gas stove?

Instructions inside of pot state, if used on a gas stove, Keep flame of gas stove from licking the side of the pan to prevent tarnishing the outside.

So your answer would be, Yes.

In case this shows up again, here is some information about the item. This info is from the sheet included with the item.

• Bakelite handles(Not silicone as stated in the item features)
  • stainless strainer basket(note lack of the word steel)
  • Non-stick coated aluminum pot
  • Do not use sharp metals on the nonstick coating

Woot features stated Stainless steel construction but nowhere on the included sheet does it state stainless steel. The closest thing is the statement stainless strainer basket whatever that means.

Instructions state Do not put into dishwasher but wash with hot water. Do not use any abrasives on inside or outside as it my scratch the surface and cancel your warranty.

Also on the included sheet:

06/2012 Made in China Item #4203

Kuhn Rikon Corp., 46 Digital Dr., #5, Novato, CA 415.883.1101

Bottom of pot does bear the Name KUHN RIKON with SWITZERLAND and the plus(+) logo in the metal, along with a sticker 09/2011 MADE IN CHINA.

Best guess is that model/item 4203 is a less expensive version of model 4200.

hmm. thanks muchly for posting this. i’ll get it to the right ppl and we’ll modify our features & specs where appropriate.