$39.99 + $5 shipping
CONDITION: White
PRODUCT: 3 2008 Chardonnay - C. S. Ridge Vineyard
CT link above

Winery website

Kunde on Twitter
Kunde on Facebook
Kunde on Yelp

With a ph of 3.6, high alcohol, and lots of oak, how does this wine balance?

I notice that it’s suggested pairing is with a butter sauce. Is this wine that buttery?

Kunde makes great stuff, but I don’t remember seeing a Chard before.

How much malolactic/how much buttery flavor does this have?

Woo - 14.8% alcohol.

[QUOTE=NightGhost, post:4, topic:307623]
Kunde makes great stuff, but I don’t remember seeing a Chard before.
quote]

Me either. Jumped in just based on my past experience with Kunde, and the fact that I’m a bit light on any whites in the cellar…ended up first sucker!

Not sure if I’m happy about that or not! I guess we’ll find out when it arrives. :wink:

13.8 % on the website

This is what I see on Kunde’s site:

Release Date February 2010
Residual Sugar Dry
Total Acid 0.60
Alc 14.8%
pH 3.64
Cases 190

Seems like the same wine for around the same price.

Here

I can’t believe it…I clicked on the big yellow button to buy the Hook & Ladder Vineyard & Winery Russian River Mixed Case, and low and behold it switched to the Kunde Family wine.woot before my very eyes…bummed.

ooo you are right. I didn’t scroll down far enough to find this one…

That one says 45% was fermented in stainless steel, while the woot page just says oak. It also lacks the C.S. Ridge notation on the label.

I believe it’s this wine.

From the winery:

"2008 marked one of the lowest yielding years for Chardonnay in quite some time. While the quantity of fruit was small, the quality was first rate, as this bottling will demonstrate. Bright fruit and intense flavors came through from C. S. Ridge in 2008.

Gentle whole cluster pressing, 48 hour cold settling, and barrel fermentation got this wine off to a great start. Aging on the yeast lees with weekly stirring for four months created a rich mouthfeel and encouraged malolactic fermentation. The wine was aged for 10 months in small French oak barrels, 45% new, and bottled in August 2009."

Only 190 cases bottled.

Actually, I think it is this wine

http://www.kunde.com/wines/wine.asp?w=892

Does anyone maintain a spreadsheet or a database of “Woots sold” from previous offerings? Would be interesting to scan and review historical aggregate data versus looking at Woots one-by-one.

It is - perhaps I was unclear. I was referring to the deal that crawform linked to. In my next post, I linked to the Woot offering.

Sorry for any confusion.

My trigger finger wasn’t as itchy as yours.

Actually I was side tracked in the middle of my post and should have refreshed the board before sending. Sorry, my bad.

We’ve enjoyed the Kunde mixed case from the previous Woot offering, but we’ve got enough whites for now to go through.

Email them. I bet they’ll fix that for you.

Well, no price on the winery website means no spreadsheet for you. Guess I’m off the hook today :slight_smile:

Reminds me - I have a case of Kunde Syrah somewhere in my cellar - need to rotate them into the current drinkers.