Kunde Family Estate Mixed Case

your quoting based off of their member price. non-member pricing on these guys ranges from $15 to 18 per bottle saving wooters about 40%, or about $80, off retail as one time purchasers. (this does not account for the estates shipping rates)

I was going the other way. If this was single bottles of each, those of us new to this wine-drinking hobby could have a small wine tasting party to compare varieties and see what one likes.

For a wine drinking party this is actually a pretty good one to start out with. It’s expensive admittedly but since you’re getting a whole assorted case you get a great mix of high quality wines which you still are getting at a big discount. You’ll probably save money vs buying 12 equivalent wines one at a time and you don’t have to drink all the bottles at once. That being said I doubt many people will be in for three on this one.

How to put this…

If I had enough wine-drinking friends to need a case of wine to placate their thirst, I would most likely already know what I like and wouldn’t need the party to find it out.

Which is, admittedly, different from just hosting a neighborhood wine drinking party, for which this seems to be a great deal.

I think I have seen Kunde at the local supermarket. I’ll need to check in the morning. Per bottle prices plus tax will probably be higher.

Point taken, I just meant in general that this is a better deal and a better variety than you’d just get by buying equivalent wines one by one. I have to check myself whether my local wine store stocks Kunde wines.

Was going for 3 but seems limited to only 2?!?.. Rats…

I assume this is generally true at wine.woot. I am confident that if I went through, for example, the 400 labels of Cabernet Sauvignon at my local supermarket, I would find several that were either cheaper for the same quality, or better for the same price, or much better for a higher price, as those available at wine.woot. I am equally confident that virtually all sold for the same or lower price would be enough worse that even I could tell. (Although, after 400 bottles of wine, my memory would probably be more than a little hazy.)

I have a vague recollection that there are limits on the volume of wine that can be shipped interstate. I thought it was only a case-equivalent, but that’s clearly not right.

I have heard that one could set up another account and ‘gift’ oneself, but that may require a separate payment method.

True but I think it’s pretty rare (I’m still relatively new to w.w) to get a full case offer in one go.

I believe there is something in the TOS that says that you can’t create multiple accounts to get around the buying limits. Even if it’s not explicitly against the rules I’m sure it’s seriously frowned upon especially if you try something as obvious as same payment method (if that works) or shipping to one address for both orders. If nothing else it would get both your orders canceled if noticed.

Edit: At worst Winedavid will send a team of ninja monkeys to your house to get you

I did pick up a couple bottles of the '08 Viognier when it was offered in one of the Wootoffs awhile back. IIRC, it was offered several times during various wootoffs. Nice wine. I’ve also had a 2002 Syrah. This was in the past year, so it had a little more age on it. It was a little past its prime. The local store had gotten a few cases of different Kunde wines and has been slowly working through them for the past 18 months or so; I hope they get some newer vintages once they close the old ones out.

Kunde is always a solid value, perfect for everyday drinking. Generally, I don’t think there will be a ton of aging potential, but the red wines at least will hold for quite some time.

We visited Kunde on the Tour last July and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves: good people, beautiful tasting location up on the hill looking primarily West to Sonoma Mountain and South to San Pablo Bay, and (most importantly) very solid wines. Kunde make a fairly full range (which is less common than it used to be, when almost every winery felt it had to have a full range of whites and reds), and I have yet to taste a failure. At these price points in their range, you can’t expect wines that will blow you away, but rather what you will find: very well-made, good wines which run true to varietal type, are fairly conservatively made (not over-extracted fruit bombs, but not Cathy C. conservative) and represent very good value for money.

The Zin and the Cab are 2007, an excellent year. I’d drink the Zin and hold the Cab, but you could certainly hold the Zin as well. The Merlot and Syrah are 2006, a serviceable year, with wines you can enjoy this year and next. The whites are suitable young and fresh for the coming year.

This is like being in a new location (not with your regular cellar) and going down to the local winery and getting a sampler, but at a much better price. I can’t imagine anyone not finding they really like at least half of these wines, with their SO or friends liking the rest.

Thanks! I was so tired I couldn’t look. The reserves cost a lot more and $20 is cheap for them (woot did a selection before in about June or july at about 22.50 a bottle) so then these are very decent value anyway at retail, though they won’t be as good. Although pretty decent as rpm suggests. EDIT: And my guess of about $20 retail gor these ordinary versions was pretty close including CA taxes if they’re up to $18 retail. :slight_smile:

California style, but balanced wines. Sonoma fruit so a nit redder in flavours than Napa.

I am pretty sure it was Generations of Sonoma that did the Monkey Prize.

You are correct! It was a Michael Sebastiani wine.

In for 1, seems like a good deal and with the whites my wife will be happy. I don’t have any room for it though…

Woot has gotten sloppy though. The summary screen where you buy says 1 of each wine and the receipt of order shows the proper 2.

Durn you Woot! I just got 10 bottles of the Costa Del Sol for the holidays, then you come up with Kunde mixed - lots of reds and NO CHAR-CHAR. I had to jump in.
We loved visiting Kunde a few years ago on a trip to San Fran. Recently, I got the Voigner in an offering.
Good, drinkable wines. Have never been disappointed.
For those on the fence of “is this a good deal”? What you’re not calculating in is: (1) the wine comes to you - no fighting traffic, finding a parking spot, sneers from the wine store employee, lugging a case of wine home; (2) where, except the winery could you get this mix?; (3) all you have to do is hit the button and magically, in a couple weeks, wine appears on your doorstep; (4) no thinking goes into selecting these wines. Woot and Kunde have done it for you.

In for two. I don’t know how long it’ll take to get them shipped but I hope it’s not too long. This is something nice for trying different wines and I won’t be drinking it alone so I decided to splurge a little. Not that I won’t drink most of it, hehehe.

So, not in a spreadsheet, but here’s why I pushed the big yellow button…

Browsed to my local total wine, did a search on Kunde, and pulled this up:

Kunde Estate Winery Sauvignon Blanc Magnolia Lane Sonoma Valley $14.99

Kunde Estate Winery Chardonnay Sonoma Valley $14.99

Kunde Estate Winery Zinfandel Sonoma Valley $17.99

Kunde Estate Winery Merlot Sonoma Valley $18.99

Kunde Estate Winery Viognier Sonoma Valley $19.99

Kunde Estate Winery Cabernet Sauvignon Sonoma Valley $19.99

Kunde Estate Winery Syrah Sonoma Valley $22.99

So, some quick math on the breakfast napkin has that at about $230 + tax for a matching deal. Yeah, I’m in for two. Thanks woot! If nothing else, a decent bottle of wine is a very easy Christmas gift for a lot of my family and friends.

In for one, after being out of the wine.woot buying arena for a 16 months. This should come in handy for Thanksgiving hope it makes it here on time.