Kyocera 6-Piece Ceramic Knife Set

Check out some good reviews on the Santoku Knife

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6][Preview 7]
http://d3gqasl9vmjfd8.cloudfront.net/72b0a3cd-364c-4149-a148-1dde56e54857.jpg

Kyocera 6-Piece Ceramic Knife Set
Price: $129.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Thursday, Jul 31 to Friday, Aug 01) + transit
Condition: New

[http://www.wootstalker.com/images/buy.png

Buy It](Kyocera 6-Piece Ceramic Knife Set) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/amazon.png

Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Kyocera 6-Piece Ceramic Knife Set) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/google.png

Search Google](Kyocera - Google Shopping 6-Piece Ceramic Knife Set)

Time to learn all about the Revolution Series and learn all about the care and use

I don’t have this brand of ceramic knife, I picked up a couple at my local grocery, HEB here in Texas. I have never had a knife I like this much, they are so sharp and make cutting very easy. They do require some special attention, they won’t cut bone, you need to hand wash and never cut on a hard surface as it can cause chipping or blade breakage. But they are awesome.
That being said, no one is allowed to use these knives but me, then again, I do 99% of al the cooking anyway.

Fwiw, I have the Kyocera paring, Santoku, and a 7ish inch black revolution, a Shun U2 utility, a Shun paring, and a $23 Victorinox Santoku.

The vast vast majority of the time, I use the Victorinox. Occasionally I’ll use one of the more expensive ones because I feel bad about ignoring them, but I end up switching to the Victorinox halfway through.

Examples of where the Kyoceras fail are cutting through a semi-soft tomato, such as a Campari, or how I have to slice bell peppers flesh side up, since skin side up offers resistance. They’re not bad by any means, but I see no advantage to dealing with such a delicate (broke one cutting Tofu, though they did replace it under warranty), normally expensive ceramic, unless you’re fundamentally opposed to buying a honing steel and watching a 5 minute YouTube video to learn how to use it.

I recently purchased one of these. I’ve always wanted a good quality sharp knife. Boy! Is this sharp!!! Be careful taking it out of the packaging… I learned this the hard way. The package got stuck while I was trying to pull it apart, next thing I know, the knife went flying out of the package… hit the counter and I felt a tap on my foot. Looked down and I got a 1" gash on my foot. Nearly fainted when I saw the bone before it started to bleed. Next day, my hubby accidentally cut himself while doing the dishes… NEVER leave it sitting in the soapy dish water!!! Lesson learned… RESPECT the knife. Now, I NEVER NEVER leave it laying around… after using it, I always wash, dry it, and put it away. And of course, wear close toe shoes. Hahaha. But overall, this knife cuts like a dream Cuts bread without crushing it. Watermelons? No problem. Just respect it. :stuck_out_tongue:

I have one of these that are presented, a paring knife. At the local Japanese market this one knife was just under $30 so x 6 would be $180 but the price would go up for larger knives. I think the stated retail is accurate. These knives are SO SHARP! you do not have to ever use a steel on these (that only works on ferrous metals).

But these ceramic knives are frighteningly sharp. I worked in a hotel kitchen as a youth, a lot of years ago. I know pro kitchen knives. These are insanely sharp. You can’t really sharpen them your self. You send them back to the company, if you want them sharpened. But I think that will happen years after you would want a metal knife sharpened.

But they are more brittle than metal. So do not pry things with them. Do not drop them on a tile floor, they may shatter. Other than that they are the most sharpest knives you will ever use. They will freak you out! This is a pretty good offer!

I own a 3 piece set of this brand of knife and I LOVE them. I received them as a gift and while I heard of them, I didn’t know too much about a ceramic knife…but I learn quickly.

They are really, really sharp and if you use them properly, they stay sharp. To make certain that they stay sharp, I never put them in the dishwasher. I always hand wash them, (carefully) dry them and put them away. I do this not so much to protect the knife but rather to protect my wife’s fingers.

Until I received these knives, my favorite knife was a Joyce Chen cleaver. I mentioned to my wife that it was too bad that Kyocera didn’t make a cleaver. So the following weekend she bought me a Kyocera cleaver. I have not since touched a steel knife …they are just old hat now.

If you buy a set of these knives and you should, always use them on a cutting board, do not let them lay around and be careful washing them. I’ve always found cooking to be fun…and with good, sharp set of knives it’s more fun.

I’ve had Kyocera ceramic knives for years. They’re awesome, and I’ve not needed to sharpen them once.

Perhaps the best thing about them is that I managed to break one once cutting frozen brownies. Despite the fact that I no longer had any paperwork on the knife I was able to return it and get a replacement by simply filling out a form and mailing in the knife. It took a coupe weeks, but it was easy.

Never understand why people need a knife set. Grew up in a Chinese family, we had only 1 chef knife to do all the good cooking and 1 paring knife for fruits.

I have heard good things of Kyocera ceramic knife and beat my self when I didn’t buy it when I saw one at Ross. However, I will skip this set. It’s better and save money to buy individual knife that you actually need

It’s all about convenience. Like you really didn’t need that paring knife either. Serrated bread knives are much gentler crusts. Santoku/Chef’s are lighter and more maneuverable than a cleaver. Boning knives typically use a different metal that can take being used against hard bones. They all have different uses but you can just get by with only one, it’s all about convenience.

Wow, I had no idea Kyocera was in this market as well. I just assumed they were solely a Japanese electronic manufacturer.

Turns out they do a bit more.

-Wikipedia

Can I play snake on these?

I own the 6" Kyocera chef knife as well as, Yoshi blade, and another one ceramic knife picked up from target. I own a few other steal knives too. I use the Kyocera knife the most. It is very sharp and and does a great job chopping and slicing. It is my go too knife. As far as things I use it to cut up are boneless meat and vegetables/fruits. I have noticed on some items with a very smooth skin like tomatoes and green peppers it will occasionally give it trouble. I’ve found its best to cur from inside out in those cases if I want to dice or Julian. If you absolutely must get the full round cut I recommend using the edge at the heal if the knife to lightly score the surface of what you’re cutting. It should allow for a much smoother and thinner cut.

If you care for the knife correctly you will never need to sharpen it. I’ve gotten my GF into using it because I was always tired of her forcing a dull blade through something. She is a bit clumsy at times and did drop it on the floor once breaking the tip. The knife functions still but the missing tip makes it difficult to cut occasionally. I find her trying to put in the dishwasher rather than hand cleaning the blade.

Over all I recommend, especially if you’re tired of sharpening your knives. Defiantly invest in a good knife block because these shouldn’t be placed unprotected in your normal drawer to avoid chipping. Magnetic knife strips do not work with these either.

Cooking for Engineers really liked these: Ceramic Chef's Knives Rated - Equipment & Gear - Cooking For Engineers

I am surprised that this really needs to be said though I appreciate that you took the time to say it.

Just like Yamaha makes more than just motorcycles.

I’ve had the paring knife and utility knife for years; in fact, long enough that I sent them back to be sharpened a couple of years ago. I had broken the tip off the paring knife, and when it came back the tip was there. Whether it was a new knife or they repaired it, I don’t know. I rarely use any other knives, but I have to admit I don’t take care of them the way everyone else seems to. I hand wash them, but then usually they’re laying on the counter until I need one again.

I own 3 Kyocera ceramics, a chefs knife, paring knife and serrated utility knife. I don’t have them with me so not sure the lengths. I love them for most tasks, they are hella sharp. Not mentioning names, but a spouse-like person in my home dropped my chefs knife in the sink and chipped the blade. Kyocera was able to regrind the blade and take the chip out. Their warranty is nice as is their sharpening policy. Very comfortable in the hand. No, they aren’t for all uses, but they work well.