Kyocera Bluetooth Dongle Stereo Earphones

I have a Kyocera TXCKT10161 that can be seen HERE I don’t like the weight but the sound is great. The brand is a good one so i would say it is worth it, I am in for one…

I think I found the manual:

http://www.kyocera-wireless.com/support/pdf/wireless-stereo-headset-pendant-user-guide.pdf

Not entirely sure, though. Might want to get one to use with my ThinkPad…

– J.P.

I’m just interested in one for listening to audio (music, games, etc) from my laptop without being plugged in directly, since the heat and static of the winter months is how I shocked my ears and fried my last sound card. So it sounds like this would fit the bill, yes?

I wonder, does anyone know if these can be used while plugged in/on the charger?

If so, I’d leave this wired up to my home stereo (thru the 3.5mm jack), and use it to stream high quality music from my phone.

I actually do this already with an i.tech R35 bluetooth clip, but it can’t be used while charging (plugging it into the charger actually powers off the device and refuses to power on until unplugged). This is very annoying because I have to run off battery and constantly forget to charge it when not in use.

If these work while plugged in, I’m sold!

Ok, i like this idea. Not stuck with whatever crappy earphones they give you! Could even drive remote speakers (though probably wouldn’t want to so that within earshot of other speakers with the same content, since it’s unlikely that they’d be in sync).

Does these works for Iphone? if so, im in for one!!!

If it matters REVIEW is for different Part Number:TXCKT10162

Sellout.Woot PN is TXCKT10143

In for 1 - I figure the last one I waited on until morning was sold out, and I have wanted to find something I could use with my iphone. Even if it does not work for music - It looks a lot less doofy than the bluetooth units everyone wears at wal-mart. Last time I went in there I thought I walked into a Borg cube…

“do not resist - you will be assimulated by falling prices”

I realy like the idea… but trying to research this one is giving me a headache…

I can’t even get kyocera to admit to the part number… the difference in model number between the woot item and cnet review gives me minor qualms, but in the ever-so-ineffable world of OEM, there is a good chance that it’s the same… I wish cnet had mentioned the bluetooth version…that’d give me a little more confidence.

soooo much pain. :slight_smile:

Post deleted by author.

Just another “If it matters” ! I found this PDF while looking for a “Sign” to-buy or not-to buy. I have no idea of it’s relevance…

BT Stereo Headset w/ Pendant
Controller (Inactive)

65-M2717-01
TXCKT10143
inactive

Link to PDF:
http://store.kyocera-wireless.com/Assets/pdf/AccCompMatrix.pdf

Post deleted by author.

Looked @ the Review; Pix seem to show same toy - it’s possible difference in P/N may be due to the fact that CNET review had ‘consumer’ unit, while Woot is selling OEM unit.

a.

I’ve read the links posted so far, but I’m not seeing whether this is compatible with an LG Shine CU720. Hubby wants to listen to music on the phone, but the proprietary ear buds at the AT&T/Cingular store are $29.99. Anyone?

Since LG Shine has integrated Bluetooth v1.2 which supports A2DP… this WOULD work…

I have the other Kyocera model GSH-300 that’s over the ear which I Must say has the BEST sound quality on both voice and stereo music on all the ones I’ve tried… and I’ve had more than a dozen different ones. I’ve had it for close to 3 years and I generally have it connected to my Cell and iPod (which has a BT Transmitter) at the same time… when the call comes in … it will automatically pause the iPod music playback… Pretty much works the same way as with any Bluetooth Stereo enabled Music phone.

I was going to get this pendant one thru the Kyocera store last year since I really like the other one I’ve been using… but they discontinued it b4 I got to order it and I was kindda pissed for not getting it… so I’m in for 3.

Hopefully this would be just as good as the other ones on signal strength, rather tahan wearing it as a pendant… I’d probably try to clip it on my shirt collar or pocket … plus I can use my own favorite earbuds with these… Can’t wait!!

Good luck on the LG… for this price… you really can’t go wrong…

Post deleted by author.

Post deleted by author.

Post deleted by author.

I am not sure of the point of this device. If I wanted to listen to music, why not load it from my computer onto an MP3 player. Why further complicate things by bringing wireless connectivity into play which can only downgrade quality. You have to get some interference on any wireless device versus hardwired.
Seems like a waste unless it has other uses???

Don’t care much about the headphones, but I’m in for one in the hopes that I can hook the dongle up to the stereo in my kitchen and play music from the computer in the adjoining room.