Kyocera Bluetooth Hands Free Car Kit

The newer LG8600 chocolates have a speaker phone. I think LG realized they screwed up after the first release and released a software upgrade that adds a speaker phone. The camera side button becomes the speaker phone button during a call.

The 8550 also has speakerphone. The button is right on the face of the phone and labeled ‘SPK’

Mic wire too short and people can’t hear you even if you hold it up to your face.

Still good for picking up voice mail and listening to long conference calls in the car as it is a much louder speaker than built in speaker phones.

Just switch to handset to talk…

I bought this a month ago on buy.com and absolutely love it. I wanted to try it first and then come back to buy one for my other car as well. Thanks to woot, I picked up 2 more. The sound is great and volume is really good. I’ve not had anyone complain about not being able to hear me. I don’t use the wired microphone provided. I have a car charger with a splitter so I can charge the cell as well use hte speaker phone. Its a must at this price !

But my phone is a hands free speaker phone why would anyone need this, as a toy it would be ok at .01 plus $5.00 for shipping but forget me paying almost an hours pay for it.

Don’t get this. It is an absolute P.O.S. I purchased one on woot a few months ago and it doesn’t even work!

To oppose most of the comments here, I bought one of these on Woot a about a month ago (wootoff perhaps?) and have had nothing but good luck with it.

It is plugged into an outlet that only gets power when the car is cranked, and when I get in, start the car, BLAMMO, I have hands-free.

Dunno… maybe I lucked out and got the only good one.

K.

I think you might have got the only good one. I got three of the siemens bluetooth (same OEM, I’d imagine) and none of them work exactly–either the speaker doesn’t work, or the mic doesn’t work, sometimes vice versa with a different phone. But then some folk will say "What the hell’s wrong with you guys? Mine works fine after you press up, down, up, down, A B A B…

In any case, thirteen bucks isn’t bad, even if it is a crap shoot.

So… it’s a bluetooth handsfree set… with a wired mic. Tell me how much sense this makes.

I’d really buy this if the mic didn’t require another cord. The reason I’d buy the thing is for NO MORE CORDS. ESP when it recommends the sun visor… it’d be too distracting hanging right in the middle of my windshield! :frowning:

contrary to belief the LG does have speakerphone (they just dont advertise it)… just hit the music button while on a call.

EDIT: LG Chocolate

Where were you during the last wootoff? A couple different headsets went up.

I purchased this on the last woot off. It works far better than i ever expected. the sound quality is great and the external mic works great. most people do not even know they are on speaker phone.

LG Chocolate has speaker phone, it took me a while to find it, but it does have speaker phone. It’s one of the glowing buttons on the front. The one on the left.

The device has a built-in mic that works quite well.

The point of the wired mic is to allow you to bring it closer to you if you need… it’s not required if your lighter connector (where the thing plugs in) is near enough for decent sound quality.

And sure, your phone has “speaker phone” capability, but with this, I can take calls without taking my phone out of my pocket … just push the big blue button when the phone rings… Oh, you make calls while driving? Shame on you!

K.

You can buy these all day long for this same price all over the web.

anyone have any experience with one of these?

Blather! Stop making statements without proof! Give us links, Bonebag!!

wow save 2.00 by buying it here at sellout what a deal. it is 19.99 with free shipping here All Deals - GottaDEAL and they use UPS, worth the extra 2.00 bucks to get it in a timely manner.

ook at you, all observant and stuff.

ave you ever talked on a speakerphone before? They left the first letter out for a reason, because anything voice activated tends to lag a split second before turning on.

ike a speakerphone.

well, this certainly isn’t going to come anywhere close to selling out. i’m interested in seeing the final numbers on it at 1 am tomorrow.