LaCrosse Technology Weather Station

Looking to put this baby to the test this winter! This past winter we got SLAMMED with record lows in wind chills here in Chi-town.

Life is in the details–the one you listed above doesn’t have nearly as many features. So if you wanna save 6 cents and get 1/2 the product, by all means, go for the sierratradingpost item

Cheapest I’ve found so far is from some crappy seller with an 88% seller rating at Amazon for $50.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0000VYDJ8/ref=dp_olp_2

Anyone find out where you can pick up an extra sensor for cheap. Lacross wants $42.95 for their model (TX4U) that comes with it .

Hey, that link you showed has the replacement TX7u (TX4u has been discontinued) for only $19 before shipping. Have you used that store for real, before? How are they?

Yay, first woot (finally)!

The external sensor TX4u will register down to -21.8 degrees Fahrenheit. That may or may not be enough for you; I know some Minnesotans complained in the thread for the one I bought :slight_smile:

No, you can’t.

That’s cool, your station must have been pretty close to his or her sensor. These are only rated to about 100 feet, I think, and walls will reduce that. I couldn’t get a reading from the outside front to the upstairs back, at my house. Sadly, like I mentioned before, it fell into flood waters in the back, and the sensor is not waterproof :frowning: But the station itself is solid and nice to look at, not too geeky.

edit: woot staff, feel free to merge my comments into one big one. :slight_smile:

That’s weird when I go to it it shows the 4u for 28.94. I haven’t used the site before just did a google search… I bought my LaCrosse Professional Weather Station (WS-2315) for my husband for Christmas last year from Provantage … Didn’t have any problems with them, and I got an AWESOME deal. I really like it, and can hook it to my computer, but I’m getting this too, because the displays I have (came with an extra display for free(WS-2310)) don’t have an atomic clock, and you have to press a button to switch from indoor to outdoor temp/humidity.

Right, I said the 7U is $19. The 4U was what you saw. But the 7U is the replacement unit, since they stopped selling the 4U. If you haven’t used them yet I’ll google / resellerratings them to see what I get. Because that’s a very low price for a sensor if they’re a decent company. Cool that you got free extra displays when you bought yours. I’ve got an 8250OAK.

edit: I emailed woot asking them to add another to my order, I just remembered someone else on my Christmas list. Hopefully they won’t sell out before they see my email :slight_smile: If they do, sigh, I will just have to be less selfish and give away the one I bought for me. Maybe.

Sure, I know where you can get a TX4U for only $24.95…and it comes with a free spare WS-7391UD Wireless Forecasting Station! If you want an extra sensor, just buy TWO of these.

Alternatively, you could buy the TX7U sensor for as little as $18 plus shipping. That one has an LCD display, but it can’t be mounted where it can get wet like the TX4U can. Unless you need the LCD, after you add shipping you might as well have just bought two of these and you’ll also have that spare station.

Ya, I’m buying one as a gift…I’ll see the person in about 9 hours and make sure they want it. Then I can decide if I want to buy another for me =)

Yeah, walls reduce the range somewhat. The worst signal killers are brick, plaster over wire lath and aluminum siding.

I talked with a friend about getting a hygrometer just 20 minutes ago, and then jumped into this page. What a coincidence! My friend spent $20 in radioshack for a basic version of thermometer and hygrometer. I guess the extra $10 will make mine way more premium. First woot, hope it’s a pleasant experience.

I had to get this, seems like a great buy. Also will be a great christmas present I have some older models made by lacrosse and they work very well, so i’d suggest this one.

Yours will definitely look cherry. According to the model name, anyway :slight_smile:

Anybody know if this will work with outside temps?..or is only for inside temps?

In for Three.
Couldn’t pass up a deal on such a useful item.
Great for resale, great gift, might keep them for myself, you never know :slight_smile:

Plus its my replacement for the Bags-O-Crap I missed after watching the whole Woot-Off! Arhhh! I even watch the second to last item (right before the them) but had to leave my computer right as they came up!

TWG

Same thing here only I saw the last item sell out and the next item that I got to refresh was the mic. I didn’t even realize there were Bags-O-Crap until I saw people talking about them!