LangeTwins Sauvignon Blanc - 6 Pack

LangeTwins Sauvignon Blanc - 6 Pack
$49.99 + $5 shipping
Condition: White
Product:
6 LangeTwins 2008 Sauvignon Blanc

6 pack of SB? Nice…

…and twins, Basil, TWINS!

Link above to CellarTracker (2008 is a new vintage; 2006 & 2007 existed with minimal information).

Winery website

Lange on Facebook
Lange on Twitter

Previous Offer:
4/9/09 (Reds)

Minerally and passion fruit or grass and grapefruit?

Back in the woot jungle…feels great!

Joe Lange here, glass of the 08 SB in hand. Happy to answer questions if I can!

Cheers.

What is the pH on this wine? I love the lower pH, high acid Sauvignon Blancs. I know we’re out of summer now, but how will this stand up to a cool fall night on the porch?

That’s a lot of Sauvignon Blanc.

Apparently this is the Musque clone of Sauvignon Blanc, which per the winery is “more aromatic.” Half of Snooth reviewers pick up on some odd aromas, while the other half give standard-issue SB tasting notes. Interesting, but again, I’m not sure about committing to a half-case just to try it out.

Also worth noting that this and every other LangeTwins wine is certified sustainable. So three cheers for them. :slight_smile:

half case pack of SB for under 10$ a bottle…
Why do you tempt me woot…

in for one.

i do love an SB, even a funky one!

Here’s a great article calling LangeTwins "one of the ‘greenest’ operations in the wine industry.

And why, oh why, couldn’t we get the 2008 Petite Sirah/Petit Verdot blend? I would’ve been on that in an instant.

I’m the first one to tell you that I’m not a winemaker - not sure on the pH. But I can attest to the high acidity on this wine.

It’s been such a great seller for us (one of our most popular wines) because it’s so crisp and a great match for the glass or two before dinner.

Oh…and even though it’s officially fall, the summer weather is back in our neck of the woods - 90+ this week!

Joe

Uh, looks like Amazon is getting into the wine business after all.

A review from Vinotology blog (can anyone tell I’m procrastinating on work right now :tongue:):

“Overall, I found this to be a decent Sauvignon Blanc, but I found the palate to be a bit too sharp, and slightly hot. This does seem to be a well made wine, and it does seem to improve with a little air. I really think that this is a wine that needs a little food to cut through the acidity. At $13, I certainly wouldn’t have a problem purchasing this wine, and I think that it would be a great wine to pick up for a dinner party.”

Thanks for the note - we appreciate the nod for the certified sustainable Lodi Rules. It seems like it falls on deaf ears sometime with all the ‘green washing’ out there. We’re a family winery - I’m 5th generation Lodi. Sustainable to us means that all of this (even the SB vineyard) will be around for another 5+ generations!

On the Snooth reviews - no clue. I’ve had the funky aromas on some other wines I’ve tasted but I can’t get it on this one. But, everyone smells/tastes differently I suppose.

The Musque Clone is a unique one - perhaps it’s the muscat mutation influence? hmm…

Joe.

Heh, Fresh is damn convenient, but it’s certainly not the be all, end all of wine (or grocery) purchasing!

I would say I’m not trying to put you on the spot, but not only me, a LOT of us here would love to have that info. Could you ask them for us? Super sad to hear you are still on the AC plan. I love the fall here - great weather at night, 70s during the day. No heating or cooling required if you are a hardy individual.

My favorite pairing for a SB is a salad with a fantastic vinaigrette. Do you have a recipe for one with this wine? Come up with one, and I’ll push the button, answer or no answer on the pH.

Noted… :slight_smile:

Joe.

No regrets on this one…

Joe.

Cool, twins! I have twins. Too bad this isn’t something I could really cellar away for them, since they are only 3 right now.

I’ll get you the pH - winemakers are in full swing with a weird/crazy/guess-it’s-normal crush 2010 so I’ll hunt them down tomorrow.

AC plan? No…open the windows and wait for the Delta breeze! Lodi is blessed in that dept - cools down at night…the reason why we can hold this much acid the grapes!

RE: recipes. Wine and vinaigrette…tough! The acids compete, things can take a turn for the worse real fast. Try balancing this crisp SB with a goat cheese - the acid in the wine will cleanse your palate and invite another bite, sip, bite, sip, repeat!

Joe.