LangeTwins Sauvignon Blanc - 6 Pack

Exactly!! even if you only use it for braising fluid

Ben Simons is a good guy and knows his wine.

Compared to the previous vintage, this 2008 SB is definitely more acidic…and I think we’ve found a whole new segment of wine lovers b/c of it!

Wooters! I know very little about wine, but need to buy a fair amount for my upcoming wedding. It is a brunch reception (meal starting around 11:45) on a hopefully warm and sunny day. Would anyone suggest this as the white wine? Caterer recommended a case of white and a case of red.

There will be fruit salad, an awesome biscuit station, pancakes, crab cakes, some sort of chicken skewers… etc.

Thanks!

We have some other wines that are destined for your TWINS section of the cellar.

But when they turn 21+, you’d better invest in a cellar lock!

Joe.

I’m digging my little profile pic/avatar… what the heck is it?

Joe.

From the given food pairings, it sounds like a good Sauvignon Blanc or a good Chardonnay are your two main options for that most important meal. I see that you are skipping steak for the main course, a good choice if you want a lighter white to pair with the meal.

The SB is a crowd pleaser - perfect for a warm day.

Crab cakes will be the SB’s best friend. That’s my take!

Joe.

Hi joe… so what kind of fruit do you taste on this? A lot of grapefruit, or passion fruit, or lemon, or nectarines? give us the strongest impressions you have, and how much they influence the flavours!
And can you taste the acid at the finish, or at the start? Or both, even. And are they different kinds of acid taste?

Thanks for the note!

Lots of citrus on this SB, with some pretty solid acid from front to back.

I think this wine really illustrates how we set out to make wine, with the help of our awesome winemaking team: wines made balanced and ready to be enjoyed with food.

Joe.

Yah, that 2007 Petite Sirah looks intriguing. Maybe it could be a Woot offering too (hint hint)

Pondering…

Joe.

Not sure about all this acid talk…but I like tator tots!!

Aww, no deliveries to Montana OR my wine mule in Wyoming. I am a sad girl. :frowning:

My first wine from woot. Hope it’s a good one!

Finally, a six bottle offer and no shipping to Ohio…

I would have ordered this if you had shipping options for Tennessee.

Regards,
Markus

[How good is this deal?](http://bit.ly/caHJIm" title="How good is this deal?)

Another solid deal. Note that although the spreadsheet gives the standard up to 3 woots, the current deal limits you to just 2. It’s a form. I fill out what it tells me to fill out :wink:

Winery offers a 10% discount on case+ purchases, which has been factored in.

Click the link above for full discount details, links, etc.

$105 for a case of SB? I’m in! YAY WOOT!!!

Thread Hijack
Buffalo/WNY Area Wooters: Come out, come out where ever you are before the snows fly! Please check the World of Woot Wine for Tasting #5 planning for Nov. Hope to see you there!

End of Thread Hijack

why… why?

Why is it that some times I can ship to Ohio. This usually happens when it’s a wine I do not care for.

So, why today, when I see a beauty of a bargain, they will not ship to Ohio?

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.