Laptop Bop

I can’t do 1366x768 since I’m a window hoarder, and tiny arrow keys cramp my Stepmania skillz.

Otherwise this is a FANTASTIC laptop.

I almost bought a Lenovo U430 last night. I hope I’m glad I didn’t and this turns out to be a better find! Specs look good other than the 4gb RAM but hopefully that’s upgradeable.

Dumb question: if the HP ENVY 15.6" AMD A10 8GB 1TB doesn’t state anything about bluetooth in the specs, then it probably doesn’t have it?

This would be a much better computer if it had Win 7 rather than Win 8.

I just bought the Asus UX32ARF (very similar to the UX31 and the UX302LA on today’s Woot, but closest to the UX31) less than a month ago from Woot and it died (completely- no power, nothing) two days after I finished getting it updated and configured. Woot support has been (as is now the standard for Woot support) WAAAY less than useful- when I asked for an exchange, I was given a link that was purportedly to Asus but was actually to Woot’s Microsoft Dynamics login page. Multiple e-mails from me later requesting a link that actually points me to somewhere I can get assistance and I’ve gotten precisely ZERO response. I’d love to recommend one of these, but if you get one that dies, Woot support is going to be completely useless. Be warned.
I’ve had another case open with Woot for seven months- I didn’t receive something and despite repeated inquiries, haven’t gotten it, a refund, an exchange, or a response other than “it looks like you got the item” because I sent another e-mail around the same time regarding a different missing item that later appeared. Apologies for hijacking this discussion with a rant about the utter lack of anything resembling customer service in Woot’s customer service department, but if you’re going to fork out >$500 for something like this, you should be warned.

That’s a ridiculous statement. With the free 8.1/post-8.1 updates, you can configure it so it looks pretty much exactly like Windows 7, but you get better security, functionality, and application/app spectrum. Don’t people get tired of making these same tired assertions all the time?

Received my Dell 17.3 laptop this week. It had a dent with a crack on the case. Is that considered acceptable for a refurbished item? I was prepared for minor scratches, etc. But, this seems a little much.

I’m sorry to hear that. I’d suggest contacting Dell, as you have a 1 yr warranty with them.

If you need further assistance, please don’t hesitate to email support@woot.com with your situation and order info. Hope that helps and let us know how things turn out.

I am looking at the ‘HP ENVY 17T-J100 TouchSmart Notebook’ and I’m curious, does this have a backlit keyboard? I have seen other reviews online that some models have a backlit keyboard and others don’t. It doesn’t specifically call it out here on woot…

Let’s hope s/he gets a better response than I did. Or a response at all, for that matter.

Sorry to hear that you have yet to hear back from Woot Member Services.

I’ve gone ahead and forwarded your post along to them to investigate the issue.

Thank you for your continued patience while they attend to the issue.