Laptops Again!

Made the purchase. Got my laptop two days later which is awesome, but as i feared, 4GB is the max RAM on this machine. While it’s not enough to make me want to return my purchase, it’s a bit disappointing. Maybe consider updating your info.

BUY THE REFURB / OFF LEASE T410!

I just got the T410 i5 Win 7 Pro 64 bit from another (named after a jungle cat and an imperative term) vendor, and I LOVE IT. I spent about $110 more than this price, but did get an 128gig SSD and extended battery so I’m not complaining… (caveat, make sure they sent you 90W AC Adapter, it makes a difference)

I’ve been a ThinkPad fan for over 13 years, my longest workhorse, the T42 is not retired, it’s getting mounted in a VW my friend races. I’ve been working in tech since '98, mobile since 2001.

ThinkPads, I’ve heard, are the only laptop approved to be on the Spacestation. I’ve no reason to doubt this; it always JUST WORKS. Think about that as you blast through a spreadsheet as the toddler next to you at Starbucks with the Millenial parents gets boogers everywhere on that iPad that just became obsolete.

ThinkPads last forever, and I love the “bento box” inspired design and rubberized lid and metal hinges. The interior is solid, and if you’re willing to sit through a Youtube video, you can pretty much fix anything inside on your own.

You can get an adapter for the SATA port to connect to HDMI for under $10, replace the optical drive in under 5 seconds, the RAM in under 30, and the hard drive in under a minute. If you need more power, grab a dock w/ a lock on eBay for about $50. My ONLY complaint is that Win 7 needs better Bluetooth management.

Yeah, it’ll play all the TED talks you need, and play games, and the webcam is just grainy enough (I assume) for chat roulette… but, seriously, GET TO WORK. That’s what this thing was made for.

No, sorority girls won’t recognize it, but “girls with long jackets” will, and they will agree, and perhaps buy you a coffee.

Most of them are “off lease” - professionals using them in a company that would penalize them in some way if they misused the machine. Pair that with the ridiculously good track record ThinkPads have… I’m on my third in 13 years, they’re that good. My last one, a T42 with XP, is getting mounted in a race car, not retiring.

When I ordered mine from Tiger, three agents said “no” …

turns out I am returning a BT adapter and they are wrong.

as these are refurb / off lease, there’s no guarantee, but mine DID come with BT and most T410s shipped with BT

I’m looking at the HP ENVY TouchSmart M7-J020DX Laptop. It’s nice but I would want to upgrade the RAM to 16GB. I am guessing that there are only two memory slots so I would have to buy the 16GB, and the 8GB that came with the laptop could not be used. Can anyone confirm?
Thanks

Wonder when these will actually ship

The HP ENVY TouchSmart M7-J020DX Laptop comes with 2 memory slots and 8GB of RAM. Does it come with a pair of 4GB sticks to fill both slots, or just a single 8GB stick?

You should probably see shipping info by tomorrow. Generally items take 3-5 business days to ship, and once shipped, an additional 3-8 business days for delivery.

You can always try the ‘Track by Reference’ feature on UPS or FedEx’s websites, too. Use your order number as the reference number. Hope that helps!

Hmm just got my HP Envy and in the last two hours it has shut off for no reason 3 times.

Now what.

Jeez, sorry you’re having trouble. In this case, your best bet is to visit the sale page from the ‘Stuff You Bought’ section of your account and scroll to the bottom of the features tab to see who carries the warranty (it’ll either be the manufacturer or Woot). If it’s the manufacturer, I’d suggest getting in touch with them. If you need further assistance along the way or if Woot carries the warranty, please send your order details and issue to support@woot.com. Keep us updated on how things go!

Tried that. Its just weird others are saying they got theirs all ready and I was the first order of my unit and can’t find anything.

Thanks for the help

NM… Got a email… either it saw my post, or woot has a good april fools day joke!

Further problems, the computer also will not hold a charge. Sending back for return minus probably my restock fee. Not happy.

As stated in the FAQ, if the item is defective, there’s no restock fee. Sorry for the problems. :frowning:

in regards to the 'refurd’Lenovo that landed (hard) on my door step, it is not a factory ‘we’ll take a defective one back, fit it and re-sell with it looking new’ process. This happened to be a used one, not sure how old but the keys and corners are worn. No books or anything, just a power cord. My issue is that there was NO real packing material in the bok and the plastic sleave glued to hold it down let go. Can you guess that it does not boot up?!!?