Laptops: For Your Lap's Desk

I’m very sorry you’re experiencing so many issues with Woot Member Services.

I’ve gone ahead and forwarded your post along to a representative/staff member to see if I can’t help remedy the issue.

Thanks for your continued patience during this matter.

Same crap for me with this. No backlit keyboard and its junk. This site can become a joke if it doesnt assist its buyers. You warrant items and specs as a seller and then dont deliver. Right there you have express warranty problems which is actionable. When you get into this price range warrantablility. This has to be fixed by Woot and fixed quickly.

I appreciate that.

To be honest, at this point, it’s been enough of a hassle that if I could get a Win7 activation key so I could install Win7 on the machine, I’d be happy enough to call it good (even with the inferior screen).

There should be no inventory issues on activation keys so the vendor should be able to provide one. And, unlike granting a credit as compensation for shipping an inferior spec, there should be no question on providing the key, since the vendor obviously screwed up by shipping an unactivated copy of windows (i.e., that isn’t a “wrong item” goof - no one is supposed to get an unactivated OS)

I’m not optimistic at this point. :\

So, I ordered the UX31A-R5102F and the product Woot sent me did not have the full HD IPS screen. I sent an email to service@woot.com and they basically responded with “not our fault, contact Asus.” It’s ridiculous that Woot feels like they can pull a bait and switch on an order and then expect the customer to try and rectify the situation when there is clearly a problem within the distribution chain. At this price point they should be taking extra steps to ensure quality products. But apparently long term customers don’t deserve any better.

I’m sorry to hear that you were unable to find a resolve from Woot Member Services

I’ve gone ahead and forwarded your inquiry along to Woot Member Services Representative to see if we can’t clear this situation up.

Thank you for your continued patience while they attend to the issue.

same here. received the UX31A-BHI5T11 but package doesn’t contain any accessories.

just sent a msg to the customer support. waiting for feedback…

I am in the same boat… same computer with no accessories.

The black aluminum case on mine also has a few small nicks in it. Nothing huge, but annoying for a detail obsessed person like myself.

*Edit: After turning the computer on and playing around with it for a moment I noticed that it also has a bad spot on the screen near the top. Either the pixels are bad or some glue ran down from the edge of the screen or something.

I called ASUS and they have offered to repair it but I didn’t buy a “new” laptop to immediately have to send it in to be repaired.

Hopefully the issues will be resolved by WOOT in an acceptable manner.

Sent one more ticket in the hopes that someone can actually deliver me a working product but I doubt that will happen.

Both Woot and Asus have been stultifyingly bad - they’ve embodied every negative stereotype about customer service. The only people who haven’t been some combination of worthless and awful are the guys responding in this thread, but they don’t seem to be able to do anything other than apologize.

Almost enough to make me switch to Apple.

So I was evidently credited a couple of days ago and no one told me - great that they decided to do that, letting me know would have been even better.

Asked about the activation key again, but I’m happy with the final resolution in regard to receiving the inferior spec.

Mine is 1600x900 TN panel also…
and upper right side has damaged.
How can I return this and refund?
Woot.com fucked me up.

Had I known… I will buy NEW ONE from amazon.com

I’m sorry for the problems. Please email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service. Also include the serial number for the laptop. They’ll likely need it.

BTW: When will be the next laptop event,
really like the zenbook UX302LA, the glass A side is really cool!

Waiting for your feedback.