Laptops - The Ultimate Misnomer

Super bummed I missed out on the HP Folio 13! That’s a great little computer. Any chance we’ll see it come around again?

I’m not sure, but keep checking back. You never know!

Just got my shipping confirmation… Woot!

It is 2 extra clicks for whatever item you are interested in…

Does anyone have any experience with the Craig Android laptop?

But I won’t know if I’m interested until I click it, BECAUSE THE DESCRIPTION DOESN’T TELL ME what I need to know (to wit, which OS it has). So I have to click them all to find out if I’m even interested. Two extra clicks, per item, and if I’m only looking at items up to $500, means 54 extra clicks in this one. Not counting the extra clicks over in the desktop area.

I respect your clicks (and your math) but the titles on the first/main page have very limited character lengths.

I recently returned an Acer V5. It’s a nice looking laptop with some nice specs for the price but the touch screen is terrible. you can’t scroll up or down without accidentally highlighting all the text. Also, the thing might be thin but it’s huge! Not very portable IMO.

Acer Aspire V5-551-8401 description on the Acer site say it it touchscreen, but I can’t find that in the description on the woot listing. Is it possible that there is an identical model without touchscreen being offered? On the acer site, it’s in the Overview, but not in the specs…

On the link you mentioned there is a footnote matching their touchscreen spec: “Specifications vary depending on model.”

It seems that various other sites don’t list the touchscreen feature as well.

Maybe only certain Acer Aspire V5 models feature this? shrug

I would think that the “V5-551-8401” model number listed here and on the manufacturer’s site would be specific. Wouldn’t there be an 8402, or 8501 for slightly different model features?

anyway, no point in buying without the touch screen so I’ll take a pass this time around since I can’t confirm it.

Horrible experience to date.
Package arrived in 7 days, but windows activation fails – shows the windows ID already assigned to another user.
No windows COA sticker on the laptop.
Called Asus Refurb support, was told to ship it back (standard shipping only paid) and allow 5 to 7 business days plus the two-way shipping time.
great way to start the school year !

Asus K55A-HI5103D Laptop, 15.6" LED, Intel Core i5-3210M Dual-Core 2.5GHz

Yeah, I’m having the exact same issue with one of the other Asus laptops. It works fine, except for this windows key problem.

Asus Refurb actually told me that it wasn’t them that dealt with the machine, since they “wouldn’t use a key at all” or something like that. I don’t know if that’s actually true or not. All that came in the box, other than laptop and cord, was a yellow sheet from Asus Refurb.

Does anyone know who actually did the reconditioning on these products, so I can hassle them about it? Woot support is not helpful.

Asus X55CRF-SI30202M Laptop, 15.6” LED, Intel Core i3-2370 Dual-Core 2.4GHz

I got the HP 13.3" Core i3 Laptop w/128GB SSD. It has proven to be a great laptop at a great price.