Laptops

Whomever bought one of these Asus ZENBOOK Prime Touch BHI5T11’s is going to love it. From the moment you open the box until the moment you shut it down every night - you’re going to love it. Your going to baby it more than you baby your, well your baby!

I to grabbed one of these from Woot for the same price and it’s worth every penny. These actually sold for double the price so you got a good buy.

The black anodized aluminum looks great, it’s what really sets it apart from every other Ultrabook and those fruity notebooks. Plus it blows them away with it’s features and unique look too.

I would’ve bought a couple of these for the price but who needs 2 or more notebooks? This thing is sexy, FAST, light, thin, and the touch screen is really cool. There’s not MB, MBA, or MBP that can even compare to this little beast on specs alone. This is really the best out there at the moment, enjoy your purchase!

I bought the Acer Aspire S7-391-9839 13.3" Ultrabook during the last deal. Thing is, the battery does NOT charge. Windows 8 states that the battery is at 0%, not charging.

I contacted Acer and they advised me to send the laptop to their support center and wait a few weeks for a diagnosis.

This link states that there is a continuous problem with this series laptop.

I’ve since contacted Woot themselves and I have an RMA to return this laptop. I don’t know how a refurbished laptop that was seen and reviewed by a human could have this problem.

Just wanted to give you this information.

http://community.acer.com/t5/facebookforums/facebooksingletopicpage/facebook-app/384701878271850/message-uid/225330/tab/board/page/1

I have a Zenbook Prime (non touch) and love it.

I also have a Latitude 6410 and a Latitude 4310 (a well as several other Latitude models old and new) Both are excellent for that price. Replace the HDD with an SSD immediately (Crucial makes a dirt cheap one with extremely high reviews). Also, replace the CPU’s heat paste with Arctic Silver (removing the old glop that’s on it) and it will last a long time. Latitudes are SOLID machines.

There are no advanced shipping options for this??

I fly out for Colombia on Sunday. I would pay well to have this shipped quicker than 3-8 business days.

Might have to pass unless this changes.

Someone please tell me which one to get!
It must have an optical drive and a webcam. Under $400 is ideal.
I’m leaning towards the Toshiba Satellite C55T-A5218B 15.6" HD Touchscreen Laptop, Intel Pentium 2020M, 500GB SATA, 4GB DDR3, Win8, but factory reconditioned is preferred to refurb, right?

Those are nice prices, BUT I just got one and battery don’t charge …Woot refuse to help and offered me $25 refund for the trouble. Good luck but they are useless when it came to problems with their own products, you’ll be better of on craigslist or ebay.

Did you buy the same model as I did? They are accepting my return…

Not same, mine is a HP but same exact issue. It amazes me that they know about problem and just neglect costumers but keep selling same junk to others. It is possible that your return will be just send to one of this poor souls in here…

Can anybody who’s bought the ThinkPad W-510 tell me if it has a single DIMM or two? I would like to upgrade the memory but don’t know if it has 2x2GB or 1x4GB installed.
Thanks!

Yo compre una laptop hp probook i5 refurbished hace 3 semansas aqui en woot.com y no era refurbished sino re vieja y golpeada por algunos lados. Una cosa son las marcas de uso, otra las rayas por el roce, otra los rayones por caidas o hechas con algun objeto, pero esta laptop tenia HUECOS en la parte de abajo seguramente unos buenos golpes y trizado la union de la pantalla con el teclado.
Ahora la parte funcional, parecia que todo iba bien pero de pronto se apaga la pantalla y no vuelve mas. Toca apagarle por la fuerza. Si se activa de numeros, la laptop no se que pasa pero el teclado empieza a funcionar mal por ejemplo s aplasta la letra f y en la pantalla sale el 4.
En fin no tires tu dinero comprando estas laptops,ademas la bateria no dura ni una hora.

SUERTE
Por cierto yo vivo fuera de USA sino al primer dia la hubiera mandado de vuelta

Can anyone say, definitively what the difference between “refurbished” and “factory reconditioned” is?

Just wondering if one is more comprehensive than the other.

A “factory reconditioned” item was returned, inspected, and restored to fully working condition by the original manufacturer or a certified partner. And the original manufacturer stands behind it with a warranty. It’s as close to new as you can get without technically being “new”.

Refurbished covers everything from buyers’ remorse returns and products whose defects have been repaired by the pros to damaged packaging and discontinued items. If you can accept their checkered past, refurbs have a lot of love to give.

Hope that helps.

They accept my return also, but did you notice how they refuse to refund shipping charge. It’s just crazy how those crooks make you pay by their mistake

I bought the HP Pavilion 2000-2D27 last time around and I think it was a good value for the money at $349.99 with a quad core processor. The keyboard and display are not the greatest, but one good thing was that the laptop has 2 memory slots and the 4G of RAM was on one stick, so it was very easy to add more. I had a 2G stick lying around and it made a huge difference in performance. I’m not sure I’d use this as my primary machine unless I plugged in an external keyboard and monitor. It’s been problem free for me.

I got the Asus Zenbook UX31-RSL8 Ultrabook, 13.3"
http://www.woot.com/offers/asus-13-3-core-i5-128gb-ssd-zenbook-13?ref=cnt_wp_10_30

a couple of weeks ago. i realized it’s not exactly what i wanted. So I’m selling it on ebay.

Can Woot consider bringing back the Acer R7-571 deal?

I’d like to see gaming laptops, like the MSI GT70-2OC or GT70-2PC !
They can handle an extreme CPU and have a wonderful rainbow backlit keyboard, subwoofer…

I can’t believe how many of these relatively new (i5, etc.) laptops don’t have webcams. Every time I see one on here, it feels like I just found a car dealer that doesn’t believe in power locks and windows.

COME ON WOOT! SHIP MY LAPTOP!