Las Rozas Chilean Cabernet Sauvignon (6)

Las Rozas Chilean Cabernet Sauvignon 6-Pack
Sold by: AW Direct, LLC
$59.99 $120.00 50% off List Price
2015 Las Rozas Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon, Valle Central, Chile

[grape]

Greetings fellow Wine Wooters! I was delighted to receive a golden ticket, and intrigued to find a Chilean…cabernet?

While I enjoy my wine, I am by no means a professional. Typically, I enjoy less-fruity California cabernets, along with things like Vino Nobile.

Unfortunately, while I can see how others might find this wine a solid value at $10/bottle as a daily drinker, it’s not to my taste.

I find most inexpensive cabernets have a very “jammy” finish, and can sometimes feel a bit heavy because of that. This wine is the opposite: it’s light-bodied and very acidic. The finish is very smooth, with almost no hint of tannin.

I suspect those looking for an easy drinking red would find this wine a reasonably successful crowd pleaser. It’s light and very bright, with a smooth finish. With all the acid, it would probably stand up well to food, too. Personally, I prefer my cabernets to be structured, but as mentioned above, this wine is likely to appeal to others.

Thanks for the Golden Ticket, Woot!

pH 2.3 and I’ll etch my concrete garage floor before I epoxy it.

Gotta be an error here…
Anything else?

Thanks for the notes. Can you be more specific about aroma, color, taste, nose, etc? It’s pretty clear not your style but it would be helpful for the community to have more in depth thoughts IMO.

Thanks WD for offering a debater sample for an AW offering!

Thanks for the notes, how well would this wine go with various foods?

I drove by AW direct on Friday. They are in the same complex as Siduri.

Never knew that! Is the Gallo takeover complete?

I had never been there before, but there was no KJ marketing or even mention of being owned by anyone. Just an education in single vineyard PN. Pretty interesting stop. Note that the original owner continues to stay on as winemaker.