Last Post: My final post

This Post has been closed. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Last Post.

LP

1 Like

Haaaaaaaaaaa that dude cracks me up!

Last Post

1 Like

Still open last post

Will it ever close?

Last post.

1 Like

Neverrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Last Post!

At one point posts auto closed around 10k replies… so… yeah…

LP

Maybe a few more post then… But this is the current

Last post

Just a few more…

LP

Some people just have to have the last word!

Not the last post!

How dare those people!

And their last post!

2 Likes

Feeling daring.
Last Post.

Still not the last post!:lying_face:

Last Post

Oh look in the sky! It’s a ____

Last post!

as the sun sets…
Last Post

Saturday last post

Munday Last Post

No one ever shared the entire story of the origination of the final & last post.

So, here’s my hypothesis: Someone very active in the woot community who shall remain nameless (mostly because I’m guessing, so I have no idea who he or she was.)

I think this person thought they made woot friends (and most likely did, it’s easy here.) Then, felt betrayed and picked on, or blown off (and didn’t get a BOC or received a crappy one when everyone else’s was kinda cool crappy.) Then, they were probably having work issues or home issues and really needed to blow off steam.
{I still wish I could see the actual writer’s Last & final Post because then I could really tell what went down!}
Feel free to tell me the deal or even message me. Or, just make something up, like I just did.

Subject change: By the way, another know who got the VERY last Woot Locker?

Actually Hoping this is not the Last Post, cuz I want answers! Last Post (until next one.)

3 Likes

I’m piecing this together because I was not part of the original last post thread(s) in the original forums but the idea was that there was always a race to be the “first post” in a thread. Someone took that idea and flipped it to try to get the last post in a thread before it got locked.

When Woot migrated from the old forums to the current forums a bunch of threads that were originally locked got re-opened including many of the Last Post threads. This is why there are so many of them currently running.

This thread was actually someone’s last post who left the forums. This is the first post of this thread (that you can see if you scroll to the top of the thread). I don’t know the history behind it but there obviously was.

With the new forums we originally found that the threads would auto-lock at or around 10k posts. But I think that has been turned off and now they are manually locked by @ThunderThighs (I think). So who knows when this and all the other last post threads will be locked and who will get the last post.

Last Post

3 Likes