$49.99 + $7.00 shipping <–Summer shipping
Condition: Red
Product: 1 Laura Zahtila Vineyards 2005 Cabernet Sauvignon
CT link above

Winery website

Previous offers:
8/4/2008
4/28/2010

It’s been a long time since we’ve seen a single bottle like this. Too rich for my blood right now, but I lurv Laura. :wink:

This had better be good for $50 for one bottle! I’m guessing it isn’t a BBQ quaffer.

How long should we lay this down? I’ve learned that apparently 05 was a fine year.

Hmm… wonder why shipping is $7?

$99 to buy from the winery - a $42 discount. Quite nice. I’m not in a position to give this the cellaring it deserves, so I’ve gotta pass, but it looks like a great offer.

Summer shipping.

I thought shipping was always $7 for wine.woot?

VVV

See post directly above yours. :happy:

This is the exact wine on the site and it goes for $75, so it’s 1/3 off as far as I can see.

What is its particular style compared with the other cheaper options?
For example, there’s a standard Napa 05 for $50 retail, so why is this better? “Rutherford Dust?”

They have a few different versions. I’d love to know how WD chose this particular one. I’m sure there are reasons. And apparently the wines are “handcrafted”.

Here’ the whole winemaker’s gubbins: TA etc are on the woot description.
Sourced from Beckstoffer Vineyards, our 2005 Vineyard Georges III Cabernet Sauvignon is an exceptional representation of the Rutherford terrior. This wine has a deep, concentrated violet-purple color and wonderful, floral bouquet. Clone 6 cabernet fruit saturates the palate with nuances of rich plum, a hint of sour cherry and toasty French oak. A long and luxurious finish adds to the lovely, velvety mouth feel. This wine was aged for 21 months on 40% new French Oak barrels.

At least for me here in Ohio, a bottle shipped is $75 + $18.75 shipping + tax, so I’d say $57 is a good deal! What the hey, in for one!

$57 is a bit more than people have been paying on CT. Average is $54.09. Woot is usually the reason the CT prices are so low, but in this case it is sure to raise it!

Yeah, but the winery charges $18 shipping for one bottle.

Curious, indeed.

According to CT reviews, the 2001 is past its prime. Not sure about the 2005 here. Any insight on how long this will develop in the cellar?

Cesare, those previous offers are for the less expensive ($50 winery) Napa Cab. This is the Rutherford Georges III one. More special, it seems!

Ah, thanks. I guess I only noticed the shipping price a few years ago because it was $7, and I just assumed that it was the norm, and figured wine.woot must be aimed at wooters with more sophisticated tastes and thicker wallets. :stuck_out_tongue:

Poor Kyle. First I give you a slap down in the pub about your “weird” comment, and now I’m about to do it here regarding your curiosity. Please don’t take it personally.

Library pricing is usually much higher than release pricing. In other words, prices on the internet for older wines are not necessarily recent prices. Wines typically cost less at release than they do after significant cellaring, unless the wines have proven to be a disappointment.

You are, of course, completely correct! It didn’t even register in my NyQuil-intoxicated brain that '05 would be considered a library wine!!! Let’s shoot for one nice comment before another slap, huh? :wink:

You have a very sexy smile and the eyes of an old soul. I like that in a poster.

There, are we all better?