Condition: Red
Product: 3 2006 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
CT link above

Winery website

Previous offer:
4/28/2010

Previous offer (2004):
8/4/2008

Sigh… I should have known that the basics you had posted would get edited up to the full information set!

Thanks for the info, as always!

in for 1 set

Need some info, but feeling like I could be persuaded on this with the right comments.

I have ordered Zahtila wine a few times, her Cabs are wonderful-sorry I am not good at describing like others here, but I have always enjoyed Laura’s Cabs, and her white as well!! I am in for 3 just for the shipping savings from Woot

Good stuff. Sorry I missed it a couple times before.

BTW - from her website, these sell for $40 a bottle and I know her shipping is at least $17 or above to get to Michigan (i have ordered direct from her website before) - she is always a must buy for me-IMHO

I’m short on cabs, thinking about this one. Hope I’ll have time to read all the old comments before it sells out.

Edit: in for one. With any luck, after I’ve tried it, I’ll wish I’d bought more.

I had the 2004 from a previous woot and it was very “thin”. Could this be explained by the “dumb” phase? It didn’t seem disjointed like many other wines but tasted like I was drinking pinot.

Always makes very nice cabs…never miss one.

I’m in the same boat, I keep hunting for cabs down in the cellar (actual cellar, not wine cellar, though at this point maybe it could qualify as a wine cellar, hehehe!) so I am in for 1.

This is a stellar wine.wootoff, by the way!

So, the CT review says “Dusty with soft tannins.”

The only kind of dusty I’m familiar with is the kind that happens when you kick up dirt. Should I expect this Cab to taste like that? Can anyone elaborate on the meaning?

Is this a drink now cab?

Didn’t she have some Zin up here before? Yep. Laura Zahtila Zinfandel Vertical 2005, 2006, 2007. I got one.

WD, please stop with the autobuys…

I got the Whitehall offer for my cab punchlist, so I’m going to have to pass. Did I make the right call between this LZ and the Whitehall?

Missed the Ty Racchus by a few seconds. :sad:

No shipping to AZ. I am both saddened and relieved at the same time. :confused: :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, there’s Rutherford dust, but I don’t think that’s what the reviewer is getting at here. My stab at interpretation: maybe “dusty” means those soft tannins are also both fine and somewhat mouth-drying. It sounds somewhat antithetical to “lushly sweet and juicy” - more of a masculine, cowboy kind of adjective.

We had the zin vertical that was up a while back - and it was great! This one is tugging at my wallet.