Laura Zahtila Vineyards Napa Valley Chardonnay – Three Pack

Maybe I can make up for my failure at LabRat duties during the week’s first offering, by posting in here…

Laura makes a great wine! You should buy it!

In reality, I’m not sure this is my style of white. I like 'em with body, like an Alsace pinot blanc. Anyone care to convince me that I should pony up for this one?

that is asking alot considering no one knows they get it. how long do you wait for a bottle to show up? this process would go far better if people were notified on monday so they can wait and expect it. why wait all day for something that might come?

Laura - I know you mis labeled this a Carneros region chard earlier, and on your site. If I am a huge fan of Carneros region wines, how does yours compare? Similar in taste and structure? I am not a chard fan overall, but I brought a couple home from a trip to Napa, and they were from Carneros sourced grapes. thx!

agreed 100%

speedo’s post was way too much to expect of hundreds of potential wooters. sending an email to the lucky chosen few does not ruin the event and element of surprise

san diego pride!

I agree 100%. I actually thought of that a while back, but figured WD had already considered it and found it unworkable for whatever reason. After all, it’s the obvious solution to a growing problem, now that we have two offers a week, which changes the timing requirements on labratting dramatically.

I know you worded this as a “suggestion,” but I am always amused when members of the wine.woot community try to tell WD how to run HIS business. As he explained to me during the recent tour, one of the 3 main things that makes this business work is keeping it simple. Others replying to this have suggested notifying the labrats by email. Apart from “spoiling the surprise,” this adds another step to the process.
As for your idea that people should wait to order, anyone who has decided to order should be able to do so whenever it is convenient. Not everyone has convenient internet access 24/7. Hesitating for whatever reason creates the potential for missing out when there is a quick sellout.
I agree that with a shorter weekly window for labrat reporting creates more of a potential for reports being too late to serve their intended purpose, but for the most part, the reports have been timely. Let’s not overreact to an occasional snafu.

Is it a smoking deal?

Click the link above to find out what kind of deal this really is, and to get CT prices.

(hint: Laura’s not lying)

That’d’ve been classic. As much as w.w has lived up to the woot model, we haven’t seen as many shenanigans from w.w as on juvie.woot – that would have counted as far as I am concerned.

NoVA you say? You should check out the threads on the NoVA / DC Gathering #6 (Aug 23) and NoVA / DC Gathering #7 (tentative Oct 4) (as should anyone else in the NoVA / DC area who has not already chimed in).

It’s always a great time, lots of wine to taste, and a chance to get to know some fellow wooters. #6 has the added special bonus of having no lo less than 7 out of town guests (some coming from as far as Chicago and California to join us).

So check out the threads and join us if you can!

And this post has inspired me to order a set, too!

First sucker: wootvirgin69
Speed to first woot: 0m 7.703s

Last wooter to woot: jwhite6114

(that, and the fact that I got my wife to try some Chardonnay last night and, self-avowed-non-wine-drinker that she is not-withstanding, she liked it – even drank more of it than I did (only cuz I had to return some movies to the Redbox before they charged another night) … so I am trying to find some others she’ll enjoy, too)

I’m assuming you are speaking of this picture:

http://lh3.ggpht.com/inshadows/SIx8rj60rII/AAAAAAAAACo/USNEQ_9BuhM/s400/IMG_2369.JPG

I don’t have specific tasting notes from the gathering because they just go in rapid succession, but I do remember liking the chard and wanting to finish the bottle until another unnamed bottle came along. It definitely went well with the chicken kabobs that evening.

Wow…seems like a smokin’ deal. Right side: Got in for two because I like labs…(Left Side - What??) Right side: And I really don’t like whites that much! (Left side - What’s going on here??) Right side: By the time the wine gets here it will be at least mid-August. (Left Side: SO??) Right side: Big year for me! (Left side: HUH??) Right side:THE BIG 60!!! And I’m still thinking 30 - wild neighbor party time!!! (Left Side: You old fart…get back in that rockin’ chair) Right side: Guess I better get to work, taking daughter to pre-seaason Browns game later. (Left side: Ahhhh, what a nice dad) Right side: Gotta find out why she ain’t payin’ rent. It’s cutting into my woot funding!!!

First sucker: wootvirgin6

Last wooter to woot: tripgrad

I’m in for 3. As I said in the 'pub, this is very delicious.
If one can’t live in CA, then NoVA is the place to be for wine!

Hi Laura

You are one great salesperson. I bought both the cab & the chard based upon your sense of humor and your obvious love of wine: yours & others. I’m looking forward to the deliveries and will try right away. I’m hoping that the wine leads me to become a “friend and Family” member of your club. Have a great day!

Ohhh! A clean Chard! I’m in. Labrat? I bet this would go great with my planned salmon florentine and lime spinach salad tomorrow night. :wink:

First sucker: wootvirgin69
Speed to first woot: 0m 7.703s

Last wooter to woot: Kothoga

So, here’s the thing. Despite all the glowing reviews about this one and the fact that others who don’t typically like chards actually enjoy this, I’m still not sure about it. I mean, the Cab didn’t take much to talk me into it - CS is my favorite varietal after all (with PS a VERY close second, if not tied at this point). However, I just don’t like chards. I would love to give this a TRY, but I don’t know that I can actually commit to buying a whole 3-pack just for me, only to find out I just don’t like it.

So if there’s any Detroiters or DCers or Chicagoans who would like to SPLIT a three-pack with me, PM me and let me know… otherwise, I fear I may have to sit this one out.

I bought the cabs on Monday and would buy the Zin mixed with 1 chard but don’t like to order just white. Do you think there is a chance another woot will appear this week?

I have a taker. Thanks!

HA! Funny you should say that, Whitey…I found the Gathering #7 thread early yesterday evening, and posted (grovelled) to see if I could get in on the fun. Thanks so much for pointing that out, hopefully they have room, and I will be accepted into the group (without human sacrifice or other rare form or torture).