Laura Zahtila Vineyards Napa Valley Chardonnay – Three Pack

Darned good negotiation skills to get this chard at this price.
(Top of the Page!)

Laura Zahtila Vineyards Napa Valley Chardonnay – Three Pack
$39.99 + $5 shipping
condition:
White
product:
3 2006 Napa Valley Chardonnay

(for posterity; will update CT links later – going to get on a plane NOW)

Great Chard. Reminded me of a SV with more body. Goes great with food or just for relaxing with a good book.

I really enjoyed Laura’s involvement in the blog last time. Her high-end cab was just rated very well by Wine & Spirits. I know, most of you don’t like the rating systems, but I do look at the comments from the reviewers. I’ve gotten to know their tastes in wine and compare them to mine.

Laura - it’s great to have your wine back here at the Land of Woot!!

I’d say a goodly number of non-mass produced Chards suffer from the same problem. :slight_smile: So much so that oak and butter are have become synonymous with chardonnay for most people. Which is why this lithe, crisp little number is a breath of fresh air.

I have heard about LZ’s wine with excitement…only to find that GA is not on the list. Everyone else enjoy this pick!

IMO, this wine’s flavor profile is more of an French Pouilly Fuisse style. Definitely NOT a Cali Oak & Butter bomb! If you prefer Sauv Blancs, this is likely a Chard you can get behind.

Try this link Laura Zahtila Vineyards Chardonnay Napa Valley to bid on the same three pack - don’t know shipping, however - looks like this Chard is going out the door one way or another …

Why, oh why was the LZ Cab deliverable to Georgia…and the LZ Chard is NOT?

These shipping rules boggle the mind.

In for 3. This was DW’s absolute favorite of any woot offering I’ve picked up.

really. Or, how about eric logs in as jopo, pays for the wine, since he was buying it anyway, and then jopo gets some color in that square. finally.

This wine was offered in a previouos woot, so there was previous rattage info, plus everyone else’s input. I’m not a chard wino, but I ordered 2 sets last time and 3 sets this time. Great stuff with or without food! With the holidays coming this wine will disappear quickly. Thanks Laura for improving the holidays!

In for 1. :slight_smile: Living on a Christmas-time budget, but in need of yummy whites to share with friends and family, too.

Here’s the link to Jwhite’s How Good is this Deal? spreadsheet.

From the previous time this was up: Laura Zahtila Vineyards Napa Valley Chardonnay – Three Pack (8/7)

I purchased both the Andretti and this on it’s previous run. I’m not a chard fan at all, mr sanity loves chard. I prefer the mineral tang of a Sauvignon Blanc.

These are not the same level of qpr, imo. The Andretti, while drinkable, was not as layered in aroma or flavor, and tasted better with food. Tasted more like a chard you’d find by the glass in a chain restaurant. The Zahtila to me was more layered, and easier to sip on its own, though it too was improved by pairing with food. I thought the Zahtila had a little more oak taste than Laura described, but it tasted balanced.
The blog description doesn’t list the cooperage of the Andretti, but the blog does describe it as having a slight buttery mouth feel.
Andretti
* Blend: 100% Chardonnay
* Wine Growing Region: Mendocino Valley & Central Coast
* Alcohol: 14.2% by volume
* PH: 3.42
* TA: .68
* Brix: 24.3
* Cases Produced: 7,500
* Release Date: November, 2005

Zahtila
* Appellation: Napa Valley
* Varietal: 100% Chardonnay
* Alcohol: 13.9%
* Harvest Date: September 20, 2006
* Brix at Harvest: 23.5
* TA: .58
* pH: 3.35
* Cooperage: 100% French Oak (80% new) 7 months
* Production: 1696 cases

in for two…its a smokin deal…only have one bottle of the 06 left and it was an excellent wine. i tried to order more from the winery and had to settle for the 07, which i bought six at a cost of $151.00 shipping included. ship to from winery was almost $23…and the bottles were $20…so their is a big price savings in this offer…good day

Thank you LadyofWine…from a strictly red wine consumer, last time this chard was great!!! Really impressed!! This time I won’t insult you, I pressed the 3 spot to make you smile ;-). Have a great holiday season!!!

****** GEORGIA ******

is now available. sorry, for the early mix up.

HOORAY!!!

Don’t I get any say in this matter?

Doesn’t sound like it! :wink: He needs some color dagnabit!