Le Caramel 3 pack - Caramels, Caramel with Chocolate, and Caramel Cream

I think I may have to visit my dentist a bit after this stuff arrives. I can’t wait.

I got these the last time they came up…I love caramel anyway but I have NEVER had any as good as this. It was another package w/o the candy…I literally ate it off the spoon…all of it. It never made it to ice cream. I checked out the net site and believe me…this is a heck of a bargain. I’m only in for one because I haven’t tried the chocolate mix…were it all caramel, I’d be in for 3 in a snap. LOVE IT.

Here are some recipes using Caramel Sauce

and some recipes using Caramel Candy

The best salted caramels I have ever had come from Bequet based in Montana. They have small grains of sea salt when you chew them and are worth the high asking price. The Bequet caramels are even better than le Petite Saunier caramels made with fleur de sel I just opened when I saw this new wine.woot offer. How would these caramels compare? I also have one of these woots from the previous offering that we STILL haven’t opened. Although I’m sure that will change sometime tomorrow.

I may not be a wine snob, but I am definitely a salted caramel snob. One time I read a label incorrectly and tasted coconut in a salty caramel, only to realize t’was a Cocomel (coconut milk based caramel). I really want to grab this just for the caramel but we still have the previous offering and have been going nuts with wine purchasing lately.

Any idea if these will remain fresh and crystal free until Christmas time?

I brought some of these back in January and opened the last one Monday (I had people over for barbecue and ice cream with caramel). It was wonderful - and everybody loved it. Now they think I’m a great cook!!

MrCaramel, have you tried the Bequet Celtic Sea Salt caramels? I am chomping at the bit for a product that is as good or better than these.

Heat isn’t the problem. Maybe for the caramel candies (like in your mouth - they melt) but cold is what makes them hard. They are best kept OUT of the fridge. I had some jars on my shelf for months and they are still fine.

We tried as many caramels as we could find (this is the tough part of the job and I’m sure everybody feel sorry for us;-) These are really good caramels.

Our caramels are really good too! Le Caramel candies provide a long lasting taste when you let them melt in your mouth: they last longer than any other caramel and they provide the typical salty-buttery flavor of the France’s favorite candy. The recipes we use have been prized several times in France so we can guarantee that this is a high quality product.

How does this compare to Dulce de Leche? E.g., if I’m craving dulce de leche, would these jars hit the spot or is it a more buttery / thicker confection? For example, would you spread it on toast on top of (good) butter, or would that be overkill?

Ya know, lassow, nuts and caramel go very well together… besides, can you ever really have too much of any of these?..

I am very excited to try these, so I ordered two! I didn’t have the money the last time there was an offering. I cannot imagine that anyone would NOT like these. It’s freshly made caramel for pete’s sake…what is with all the analysis and questions!!! I am going to be sitting down when I try these, as I anticipate I will feel faint from the sheer bliss my tongue will be experiencing! As for shelf life, we are a family of six so this will probably last six days…certainly not six months. Thank you, Mr.Caramel, and woot!

We bought three of these last time (similar three pack, but different items - topping, cream, and syrup).

The plan was to keep one set for ourselves and gift the other two. Well, the other half tasted the first jar and made it clear the gifting of the rest was no longer an option.

Ours crystallized within a few days of opening (not sure if that is related to the low humidity here), but is easily brought back to sweet, sweet smoothnicity (I dare you to come up with a better word) by a stint in the microwave.

(I’m actually not sure if you’re supposed to use a microwave on caramel like that. I know it’s actually not good for honey despite how many times you’ll be advised to decrystallize your honey that way – use hot water on the stove.)

I’m interested in this trio. I know the topping is worth it. The caramels sound great, but the bag is a bit small at only 8 oz. We recently bought a 14 oz. Fleur de Sel Caramel tub from Trader Joe’s for $7, which I thought was overpriced for what we got. But based on the superior flavor of Le Caramel’s jarred offerings, I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt on having superior candies.

So the deciding factor is the cream with chocolate. I’d like to know more about the chocolate used in the mixture…what percent cacao, any particular brand? I’m personally hoping for a quite dark chocolate, but less cacao would please a much wider audience.

Oh, for those who may have noticed that the Caramel Cream with Chocolate is available on the le-caramel.com site directly despite it being a Woot!Launch here…the jar there is only 8.5oz as opposed to the 14oz jar in this Woot!, so technically what is being offered here is available only here.

I’m in for one, I got an instant craving when I read about them. LOL

For honey, as you suggest, here’w advice from a household who kept bees for 30 years and had all our advice from the most distinguished beekeeper in England. All you need is to warm it up to degranulate it and let it go soft again. The airing cupboard, the back of the Aga, or another hot place in the house will do, rather than actively doing stovey things to it. But your warming technique gently in hot water sounds like a sort of sous-vide and that should be gentle enough on a low heat.

Likewise caramel.

I am a diabetic. Are these worth the risk of death?

I got this last time and agree that the caramel cream and caramel topping are absolutely delicious. I am going to pass this time only because it’s ridiculous hot here -we’re hitting triple digits - and I know that the caramels would melt together into an awful mess. But I really, really want this to come back again in the fall!

FYI: Resveratrol; a stilbene.

common misspellings: Reversatrol and Reservatrol, however the nomenclature preceded the proposed health benefit.

The water activity of things like caramel, and honey, are very, very low and the solute concentration (hence osmotic stress to microbes) is very, very high; these types of product are safe, near indefinitely, on the shelf. The quality may decrease over time. Any caramel that contains fats (butter / oils) will be susceptible to rancidity but this is not spoilage, just a aroma overtone. To help inhibit crystallization, do not keep in the fridge. By pulling products like this in and out of fridge you will speed the process of crystallization. You could keep unused jars in the fridge for long-term storage but keep open ones at RT if you will be using them. You could also consider portioning into smaller containers and keeping small quantities out if you cannot consume a whole jar in a few weeks.