LeakFrog Water Leak Alarm 2-Pack

I recommend hiding one behind the toilet, or somewhere under the lip where people won’t see it. As soon as a friend misses with his aim, off goes the “Leak Alarm”.

Yeah. I thought this was an alarm clock with no numbers. I’m not gonna lie.

I also thought LeakFrog had a new line of alarm-clocks. Make fun of me, I dare you.

I love my leak frog. They keep the kids from peeing on the floor. They call me when the toilet overflows. They let me know when the pipes leak in the basement.

The new thing is they let me know when those cheap cans of soda explode in the pantry. They need to be washed really good after that happens or they go on strike.

Everyone over on Amazon seems to be diggin these plastic amphibian alarms, except for two people…

Amazon reviews

These might not work too well if you are deaf…

Do these have an off switch? I have something similar and when it goes off I have to either wait a half hour for the siren to go off and suffer the headache, or search for a small screwdriver to yank the batteries.

this will detect when my water breaks!

They stop beeping when they are removed from the liquid. There are two metal contacts on the bottom, when the circuit is closed it beeps. There is a button on top to test beep the leak frog too.

If I recall correctly just wipe the contacts on the bottom off and it stops in a few seconds.

The return of the prodigal LeakFrogs!

Haha…for some reason I thought this was an alarm CLOCK. For some reason I thought LeakFrog started making clocks. Genius.

I feel smart :smiley:

wow.

I got some of these earlier in the summer, and they’ve already paid for themselves. I keep them in my office near my heavily modified mac and my toshiba work laptop. the window they are near leaked during a rainstorm over thanksgiving, and despite being in another room with the door to my office closed, i heard them. I managed to get my priceless computers out before any damage was done, while also discovering that the window leaked. I then went out and bought 20 more of them, and i keep them all over my house. Buy if you want to know when something gets wet. They’re worth twice their weight in myrrh.

Got two of these in my last/first/only Bucket of Chum so that should tell you what they are really worth. But since the other four (yes FOUR) items in the bucket had essentially negative values, I suppose it all averaged out…

I could see this creating a panic and an even worse situation for your ‘leak alarm.’

Previos woot not that anyone cares too much I think, but there it is.
According to the posters that have been around longer than myself, LeakFrogs used to be the signal to end a woot-off before they switched to screaming monkeys.

Depends. Where are you planning to wear it?

I have only bought these as two-fer-Tuesday items, and I have done that twice. Leak Frogs are AWESOME and we give them to people for housewarming gifts. They are great under sinks, near pumps and water heaters, and where the mainline drains from the basement. We love, love, love our leak, leak, leak frogs!

Leakfrogs RULE

I just tested the one under my sink. He’s been there for three years (maybe four, I wooted them twice) - a little dusty now but still chirps nice and loud on the original batteries.

How big are these?

Speaking from experience…they make nice Christmas presents. But the dog does not like them when they go off!
Now, if I can just find the two I got for myself! That tends to happen a lot when I buy two-fers…I keep track of the gift, but not mine!!

Before the ‘12 year olds’ start giggling…about the size of a tennis ball.