LeakFrog Water Leak Alarm 2-Pack

what a frog of crap

I don’t need these since my wife is barefoot… and chained to the sink

quality posts : - 1

amateur

When I’m gone for any length of time, I turn off the water, drain the pipes and leave a faucet open. I also have a temperature alarm that flashes if the house temp drops below 38. A light flashes in the front window alerting one of my nosey neighbors.

FTW

ok… I have heard everybody wanting these for the past several woot offs. Where are they now??

They did, at least for me. I’m sorry I missed the Dash (love mine!) and the Wisps (wife loves them!).

Ah well. Maybe they’ll be in my April Fools’ Bag of Crap. Although I expect I’ll find Leakfrogs.

Dang I missed some cool stuff. Damn cold medicine knocking me out for the night. I didn’t hear my phone go off!

any length of time?! wow, you are thorough. now that i think about it, one can never know when a wampa ice creature is going to knock you unconscious and drag you back to its lair.

Last time I was stoned watching a woot-off was a lot more fun! Better stuff please

You could PROBABLY wire the speaker out to an Arduino, which can then be connected to a computer’s serial port, which can then do whatever you program it to do, so that when it receives input from the speaker wires, it sends a tweet/txt/email/whatever.

I mean, I can’t, but it could be done. :smiley:

You just made me spit coffee!

What’s this?! I can actually BUY something, GIVE woot my money and get a product WITHOUT playing some STUPID game? How odd.

Although, now that I’ve thought about it, I want to try it. In for 1 (2)! :slight_smile:

I bet everything you find in this woot off will be in our bag of craps

I have two of these. Works great when we are making buckets of RO water. I don’t know how many times we’ve flooded our house by forgetting the water was going (luckily we have hard wood floors).

My friends has eight of these guys and a “smart house”. He has it rigged so if any of these go off a text and email is sent to him and his wife which one went off. Pretty cool system, but I’m not patient or willing enough to do anything like that.

easier thing to do… sans arduino (since everyone thinks every electronics project requires one.) is just hook up a small relay on an old keyboard/mouse… so when it triggers… it hits A… and you have your computer set up to do whatever when you hit “A”

Also… I know of at least 3 houses these things have saved and I have 2… (leak frogs, not houses…and I want more for under sinks)… I’m in for one.

I predict 2x of these in 50% of the rBOC’s! Anyone wanna bet?

It is pretty clear what they are if you just read. Especially the features section. Sounds like somebody was a little too excited. :slight_smile: