LectroFan White Noise Machine

sure, I have a fan at HOME, but when I travel (which I do several times a month), packing a fan to bring with me is not possible, but this easily fits in my bag and available for use. It’s great at blocking out hallway noise, cycling HVAC units that are notoriously noisy in hotel rooms and any other strange distracting noises. As others said, you can run it off a portable battery for hours, we’ve used it while camping and is great.

I used a box fan for years and it worked great. Also had an added benefits of cooling and pushing mosquitos around making it hard for them to fly.

But this machine is just a lot nicer, and you can take it with you.

Fantastic machine!!

So with a stack of people raving about how good these work (which would include me), you figure you’re just the smartest person in the room and we must all be idiots?

Ch ch chiggity Check yourself.

you can’t pack a fan in your carry on, for one.

And you can’t really change the tone and volume of an actual fan over the range you can with this.

Further, this thing totally drowns out the fan running for air movement, along with neighbors who get up at odd hours due to shift work, etc.

This is the best white noise maker I’ve found.

To those talking about why not use a phone app- the speaker in this thing is much better, it produces more than high frequency white noise, it’s got a little bottom end, and that really helps it mask things like slamming car doors and thumps.

I totally endorse this silly little white box and I’m buying an extra one right now for house 2.

I LOVE this thing. I ordered this the last time it was offered on Woot, but, sadly had to return it because it was missing the adapter. I then went to Amazon to order the same unit. LOVE.

My love for this ridiculous device exceeds my vocabulary. I am terrified about what might happen if it ever breaks. I live under the flight path and while it was never an issue, it’s even less now. I don’t even roll over.

I’ve had other, less sophisticated machines that had loops. They work fine if you’re sleepy, but if the whole issue is sleeplessness, the loops absolutely made me nuts.

Thanks for this! I hear it every once in awhile and shifting my position slightly makes it stop. I thought it was just me or my house was haunted. Nope, or maybe not. They’re just quiet.

Also posting my praises for this noise machine, bought it one of the previous times they were selling it.

When I would use a fan for the noise during the winter, even with it pointed away from me, I could still feel the temperature decrease in my room. This solved that problem, woo! Plus it really does drown outside sound out much better than a fan.

I also prefer not to run a fan in the dead of winter when its 0 degrees outside.

In for one, I have had one for about eight years which I love but after all these reviews maybe this one works better!

Always good to have a back up.

I am an extremely light sleeping so having solid noise which drowns out the slightest sounds keeps me from waking up every time any sort of noise occurs. To anyone plagued by that, these are a lifesaver.