LED Candles: We Improved On Fire

Yep, I checked the product myself.

the carved set and the other 4pc set are vanilla scented

The 3 piece set also says scented in the features tab??

You’re crazy. I bought 6 sets of these (two for gifts, lol). I have 16 in my home. I put rechargable batteries in them. The batteries cost me $10-11 on sale for a set of 8. So, for $22.00 + 50.00 (candles- they were cheaper then)= $70.00 (crash course in math, I am able to light my house up at night without light. My past 5 light bills have been considerably less. 2 more months and I will have recouped the cost, then the rest is savings. The 6 hr timer feature on the carved candles I have is a godsend. Try to turn out 16 of these suckers every night. What a workout, har har har.

Hi mark. I have at least one candle (carved) that the timer never worked. I bought it from woot last time they were on.

I don’t agree with that comment. Replacements on amazon for 3v CR2032 are expensive. A good brand gets you roughly 1 per dollar. A generic (not guaranteed to work) gets you 3 per dollar. Cheap, but you could still just buy more tealights for the same price.

The big 4pc sets I got are scented.

Using the batteries that came with them and in timer mode, mine (the carved ones) are still going after almost 3 months of daily use. I do like your idea, though, for when these batteries eventually die.

GIFT TIP: You can, of course, give the entire set. But for nice work gifts, I opened them up (already had 6 sets, and just added 3 more = 36 candles) and put one each in a cute but inexpensive gift bag. Add a bit of gift paper, small bow, and a tag…and voila! Takes care of coworkers for Christmas at less than $5 each. People love to put them in the bathroom.

I, of course, kept several for myself. :slight_smile:

LOVE THEM!!!

I know the engraved one have timers and they work great. do the non-engraved one (3X5) also have the 5 hour timer. the response was not very clear

Your grandma will love them. I, too, fear fires and that I will run out of the house and forget to blow them out first. Also, the fumes from the wicks aggravate my asthma…but the scents themselves (of any scented candle) do not. The fragrance of these is very mild/light, but a pleasant vanilla. I wish it were a bit stronger, though. But they do have a nice glow and flicker. They look VERY realistic. Have fooled many people. The timer feature is very nice, also.

I think this would be a nice, appreciated gift for your grandma. She probably has more knick-knacks than she cares to dust and has anything else she actually needs. These are pretty AND useful.

And no…I do not work for Mark, LOL.

Mark, I love the carved candles…but would love them even more if they were not all the same height. Any chance of making them a variety like the 3-piece set, so as to create prettier groupings?

(P.S. I ordered 3 sets of those, too. I will probably gift those as complete sets…plus keep one for myself, naturally. :slight_smile: )

I have a round, metal candle holder on my wall that holds about 16 tea light candles. Up to this point, it’s just for looks because I fear fire (being so close to the wall) and the mess (wax in the little candle cups).

These tea lights would be perfect for the candle holder on the wall. Seems to be a common style of candle holder, at least amongst my friends, so I’d say many of you have one.

No love for Hawaii wooters? We like candles too! :frowning:

It’s the price you pay for living in paradise while the rest of us suffer, LOL.

But seriously…Woot used to be unable to ship to Alaska or Hawaii at all, so you’re at least in the loop on some of the items now.

In the meantime, don’t you have volcanoes you can watch erupt? :wink:

Unfortunately, Grandma hates vanilla scented things so I will have to keep looking! Thanks!

Is it just me, or is the 14 piece set cheaper (after shipping) on Amazon?

http://www.amazon.com/Piece-Flameless-Battery-Candle-Westinghouse/dp/B00A27UD2Q/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1354729427&sr=8-3&keywords=Westinghouse+candles

Will these arrive by Christmas - Love ya Woot, but you are not fast…

Yep, cheaper if prime member.

They have been much faster at shipping lately…just saying.

That’s a shame. You might have to keep looking for a good while. I’ve never seen any in any other scent than vanilla (I’d love to find some with plain cinnamon or lavender scents, myself.) Maybe you’ll get lucky and find some that are unscented, but I’ve never seen any like these that are not scented. Maybe Mark from Westinghouse can let you know if they make any and where to find them?