LED Lenser H7 155 Lumen Headlamp

You know that for sure without seeing both of them? I’ve looked at the video review above and IF its a knockoff, it’s a damn good one.

That one certainly looks like a knockoff to me.

My two cents:
-I’ve never heard of ‘Meritline’. But I’ve also never seen Duck Dynasty or Honey-Boo-Boo, so what do I know?
-The Meritline reveiws read like they were written by the same person.
-The specs:
“As Bright as a spotlight”?? What does that mean?
“LED service life: more than 100.000 hours” Oooh, more than 100? Wow. Or was it 100,000 and they used a period instead of a comma? That’s common in foriegn countries, but this here’s 'Merica!

Yes. No matter how good Woot’s deal is, you can always find ‘something’ cheaper. But, I trust Woot. And that counts for something.

In for 2 at this price. I almost bought that H5/P7 bundle recently, but had no use for the P7 so I passed. This will be great for night-grilling! :smiley:

Meritline is a Hong Kong company. HK is known for its knock offs and counterfeit items. If all you’re wanting is a cheap alternative then it’s great, but do NOT expect the quality to be the same. It’s really a crapshoot sometimes. They’re great for throw-away laser pointers and such so if you go with meritline or a similar site, you’re gambling with your money. Good Luck!

I just bought one from the mothership a couple weeks ago for $30. This thing has been awesome. I’ve used it for fishing, grilling, yard work, essentially anything you made need lighting, but want your hands free and are sick and tired of using your cell phone as a flashlight. Just last night it saved me in the pitch black backyard from a ginormous garden spider that had it’s web built from a low hanging branch to the ground hanging at face level. Love it so much I just ordered another one as backup for my hurricane kit.

Only thing I wish it had is a strap that goes on top of the head for a little better stability if say you were to use it for running, but the lack of strap makes it good if you want to wear the headlamp on top of a cap/hard hat. Regardless, it’s a great buy.

And if you think for a minute that the one from Woot is NOT made in China, your delusional.

Just put my order in for two of these bad boys (one for the camp, one for home)…hopefully they are comparable to a much more expensive “Black Diamond” or “Petzl”.

Your right, you can always find something cheaper. I trust Woot as well and buy lots from them. We are talking about a headlight, not a computer or headphones…Its a cheap item that I found a very comparable if not equal product at a cheaper price…nothing more, nothing less. Take from what you will.

Does anyone know if this will work for a nine year old girl? Is the box in the back too heavy?

Got this yesterday and tried it out. I was prepared for it to be bright, but it still outperformed my expectations. It was comfortable and the adjustable brightness and focus are wonderful touches. Great product, glad I bought 3.

Got three of these yesterday and the first one opened has an issue with the power switch. The date on the batteries was best by 8/2011, so this is definitely old stock. The light is bright, but I am not happy with the fact the switch is defective. I contacted LED Lenser for warranty support and they told me to contact woot for replacement.

I hope the other ones work properly.

EDIT: Woot customer service shipped me a replacement and exceeded my expectations. Hopefully the other two, which are gifts, will work well.

I ordered 3 of these…they were apparently lost in Transit by the US Postal service. I have contacted USPS 3 times and their response is to contact the seller. I have sent 2 emails to woot and received no response. So Woot has ~$65, postman has 3 headlamps and I’m SOL.