Ledlenser F1R Rechargeable Flashlight

Ledlenser F1R Rechargeable Flashlight

It should look more like a lightsaber
#epicfail

1 Like

I have one of these and like it a lot. Rechargeable 18650 battery definitely a plus.
I picked mine up for $26, so at this price I’ll probably pass on a second one. My deal seems to be a one off clearance deal they were running direct from their site though.

I’ve purchased 5 lights from LED Lenser. All have failed at the switch.

2 Likes

I’m not surprised.

Mine just arrived. Three booklets, no useful instructions. There’s an arcane diagram, black on dark background so you need a flashlight just to read it. It seems to imply that any on-off cycle is a minimum 5 presses, with more esoteric functions requiring those 5 presses plus up to 8 more, plus “taps” (without explaining what’s a “press” and what’s a “tap”). And zero instructions of how to use the pocket clip or lanyard in the maybe 20 pages spanning a dozen+ languages.

Worst of all, just to charge it, you have to disassemble it and extract the battery to charge externally.

Yikes.

(Update) I got duped. Searching the mothership for “LEDlenser F1R Rechargeable flashlight” pulls up a *different model" first, and I went by those reviews.

Reviews for the F1R? 38% 1-star!
https://smile.amazon.com/LEDLENSER-Rechargeable-Flashlight-Headlamp-Batteries/dp/B08MB37FJX/

3 Likes

This is one of the best flashlight :flashlight: out there. It’s disposable batteries can require up to 500 times more electricity to produce than they can release? By opting for rechargeable batteries, not only are you saving money in the long-run by reusing the same batteries, but you’re no longer throwing disposables away, which is a plus for Mother Earth. It’s well worth the price and much more valuable to have around the house when emergency’s happens.

Hi, so sorry to hear this. Please contact Woot CS. From a browser, use the Woot! Customer Service form.

In the Woot! App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

OK, let’s be fair here.

1. The review you’ve linked to here is for a combo F1R + H4 headlamp sold by a 3rd party seller.
  2. That product listing only has 3 reviews, two of which are both 5-stars.
  3. The “38% 1-star” is one review from a single customer complaining that the headlamp came with old, leaking batteries. The review says nothing about the F1R, positive or negative.
2 Likes

Okay, let’s do some due diligence here.

Go to your own master site and search on “Ledlenser F1R Rechargeable Flashlight”. What do you see?

I see:
First result: a completely different flashlight (MH10). In other words, apparently Amazon sold the keyword hit to an ad for a different, cheaper, unrelated product.

Second result: the exact listing I referred to, which mentions only the F1R in its visible description.

Third result: again the exact listing I referred to, which mentions only the F1R in its visible description.

Fourth result: a way overpriced seller for the F1R.

So, there are four search results that shroud the one you refer to, because Amazon sells priority results for search terms without regard to whether they actually correspond to the search term.

To be fair here.

Meanwhile, how about solving the mystery as to what constitutes a “press” vs a “tap”? No combination of presses I can do triggers the flasher mode arcanely referred to in the diagram.

1 Like

Mine arrived a few days ago, and I too have no clue how to interpret this diagram (especially the A half vs B half). There are no text instructions anywhere in my package. (There’s a booklet with text safety instructions in a dozen languages. Great. But no text operating or assembly instructions.) How do you get the cap screwed on with the clip in place? (I eventually got it on but probably stripped the threads in the process.) And WTF is the “tactical ring” for and how is it used or attached? I find no directions for it. Attaching the lanyard isn’t covered, either.

Not what I expected with a mature product line.

1 Like

Hi, so sorry about the poor experience. As noted above, please contact Woot CS if you wish to initiate a return for your product.

This flashlight has very little for actual specs on the hardware and relies on marketing terminology. Xtreme LED isn’t a thing.

If you want a proper introduction to modern quality flashlights, you’d be hard pressed to do better than a Wurkkos FC11. $30 MSRP, comes with an 18650 battery, integrated charging, magnetic tailcap, and a high CRI emitter (Color Resolution Index, meaning that colors look similar to what they would look like under daylight).

Sincerely,
A fan of the always friendly r/flashlight where people geek out about quality flashlights. It’s honestly a pretty inexpensive hobby compared to others out there.

4 Likes

+1 on the reddit reference.
No mention of brownies, cookies, salty snacks or any other type of urgent need to eat so, in this case, username does not check out. :wink:

2 Likes

Couldn’t agree more. I also highly suggest this thread as a great starting point if you’re trying to buy your first or last flashlight.

Personally my favorite flashlights are the Emisar D18 for flood, Acebeam E10 for throw in pocket size, Noctigon K1 for big throw with flood and Convoy S2 with LG UV emitter for a specialty flashlight (detecting leaks in HVAC).

I would love to check out Noctigon’s latest flashlight the K9.3 but the price point and my lack of need won’t expand this hobby for me beyond what I already have. https://intl-outdoor.com/led-flashlights/noctigon-k9-3-dual-channel-21700-led-flashlight.html

4 Likes

I don’t have this particular flashlight but I do have another LED lenser flashlight and a press has audible and tactile click and your finger travels relatively far for the full press whereas a tap doesn’t need much pressure at all, does not give that click, and your finger barely travels if at all.

1 Like