LEGO Creator Rainforest Animals

LEGO Creator Rainforest Animals

1 Like

Really looking forward to this one! I think the little ones in the family will enjoy it.

1 Like

Definitely a good parts box too.

1 Like

I bought one, too for when my twin 5 year old niece and nephew come for Christmas. It is a retired kit (if anyone is interested) Rainforest Animals 31031 | Creator 3-in-1

1 Like

The fact the bird poops will be…engaging? to the 5 yo!

1 Like

The poop was a nice touch.

Now if you want a parrot, this guy made the ultimate lego parrot.

2 Likes

This is a collectors item that was maybe $24 tops when it came out. Are you sure you want to give it to your grandkids?

2 Likes

Thanks for that info. I may need to reconsider…

They are my Niblings, not grandchildren (you were probably referring to the other individual) and I am planning on my sister and I putting it together with them, if we do at all - I am constantly picking up all kinds of things for them to do while they are here, so you never know what they will choose. I have a 7 yr old nephew coming too, who is ahead in the age brackets for Legos so I have more advanced sets to work on with him. The goal is to not watch tv, unless we are all sitting together to watch a Christmas classic.

They are in TX and they couldn’t come to IL w all the covid here and now TX has it bad, so I can’t go there.

Collector’s item … it is all in the viewpoint of the owner

For me

Parrot Lego: $62
Memories with them and for them of me taking the time to sit and talk and build with them: Priceless

4 Likes

Debuted in 2015 at $14.99

Actually no one said grandkids, don’t know why I wrote that. Personally I think toys are meant to be played with so have fun! The 3-in-1 sets are always great.

3 Likes

@sammydog01 @modi123 I had no idea of the existence of the websites that sell these and the pop figures on the secondary market and I apologize for overreacting over “collectors.” I knew that people collected them and should have realized the seriousness of the market (especially the Legos). My initial thought was Beanie Babies … and we all know how much they are worth now. I am not saying I am going to keep this as a collector’s bc frankly I want to build a Lego parrot that poops. That being said thank you for opening my eyes and providing great info.

1 Like

I paid $62 for this Lego set, as it was a “collector’s item” and was listed as new. I hadn’t decided whether I was going to put it away for a rainy day to possibly sell or enjoy the pooping parrot - needless to say, it is no longer worth $62 (see pictures). You would have thought that something that Woot was selling for 4x the original cost, would have, at least been shipped in a box, to help protect the contents. Nope, it was shoved into a brown Amazon envelope, where it did not survive the journey.

This was not the fault of the shipping company, it was the fault of the Woot/Amazon employee and/or system that failed to properly choose the correct shipping container. I am disappointed (not @ThunderThighs, as I know she will be disappointed, as well) hat they don’t mind selling such items at a premium, but don’t have the respect for us to ensure safe shipping.

I am emailing Woot, customer support.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up. I haven’t gotten mine yet & dreading it now.

Most likely wasn’t going to appreciate too much in value. Sucks the box was smashed.

Times Sold: 17
Total Qty: 20
Min Price: US $26.39
Avg Price: US $37.01
Qty Avg Price: US $36.66
Max Price: US $58.55
1 Like

Will let you know what customer service says

1 Like

Not worried about it appreciating, disappointed that I paid 4x the amount for something (which I knew going in) and the company couldn’t bother to ship it properly

1 Like

Hi there. I’m sorry about the package damage. Unfortunately, we don’t have any say in how Amazon chooses to ship something. :frowning:

@ThunderThighs no worries, I know some algorithm spit out “put in envelope” and the person did as they were told. The disconnect is in either the algorithm and/or the way the product is coded when entered into the system.

1 Like

@Borborygmes was offered $15, which still makes it $52 after tax I am going to check out @modi123 link or see what a used one is - if it is missing pieces, Lego will send them to you no charge - will report back

1 Like