Lenovo 100E 11.6" Dual-Core Laptop

Lenovo 100E 11.6" Dual-Core Laptop

Bonus trip on Blue Origin rocket with purchase of computer? I can’t see why anyone would want one of these. There must be a serious overstock of these craputers at Amazon, they’re here every dang week.

It’s a Chromebook-spec machine that has Windows (Pro?!) shoehorned onto it. Seriously, your four-year-old smartphone will smoke this machine, and probably has better screen resolution.

I have to disagree. I have one of these and I love it.

Nothing like a chromebook

Great device for the price.

How can it be a laptop with notebook memory???

Truth in advertising? What happened to that?

1 Like

But it has Windows 10 pro installed which pretty much eats the entire 64GB drive. Also Chromebook OS is nothing compared to Windows when it comes to a crappy Celeron processor with very little RAM

If the RAM could be upgraded to at least 8GB, this could be a nice little travel laptop. But, it appears there’s no way to do so, so this would be torture to try and run Win10Pro in 4GB.

1 Like

I’m going to have to side with the general consensus that this will not be a highly performant laptop. Dual core instead of quad core is a major ding, as is the eMMC storage instead of SATA or PCIe SSD. Either of those issues would drag performance down considerably, both taken together is a recipe for sluggishness.

On top of that, if the RAM is not upgradeable it’s a definite dud. Many times these otherwise lackluster devices can be made tolerable with a storage and RAM upgrade, but this one has three strikes against it. In my book that’s an out.

1 Like

I could see this being a decent laptop if you stripped Windows 10 out of it and put on a lightweight Linux Distro. Lenovo historically has great Linux Compatibility.

Apparently you can add an M2 so you could use that as a page file to help the ram situation a bit but a decent sized M2 would be half the price again as the laptop.