Lenovo 13.3" IPS Touch Monitor w/Digitizer Pen

I’m going to echo some of the others and mention I got this during the last sale and love it. My only complaint is the cheap pen that comes with it. I upgraded to a Fitjitsu lifebook stylus, which is bigger and seems to have greater accuracy than the included one.

Here is a great resource for compatible pens if you’re looking to replace the factory one:
http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/threads/tabletpc-compatible-wacom-pens-surface-pro-pro2-only.55416/

And for an entire discussion from folks that own this tablet:

This is a touch screen monitor with pressure sensitivity via the stylus. It is not a stand alone tablet. It is not a mini-computer it is a monitor. It uses two USB ports, one for power and a USB3 port for communication. The included USB cable is 5’ long. Some models, not this one, were wireless and according to the reviews the wireless did not work very well. The enclosed stylus is adequate at best. I purchased a “Bamboo Stylus Feel” on amazon and it works great. I agree with all the glowing reviews posted already. No regrets, the thing is amazing.

Okay, I feel like I’m not quite zeroing in on the utility of this product; maybe because I haven’t seen it in action. Once plugged into my desktop, would the computer simply see it as a second display and allow me to duplicate it? This would, in effect, give me couch access to my desktop (behind my couch) during commercial breaks or if I just want to check something without going to the computer; I know, the height of laziness! Believe it or not, I’m not one of those stereotypical 300+ lb couch potatoes, but I’m getting older and less spry, and I can afford the price of blatant convenience when the mood strikes.

I do wish the screen resolution was 1080 though; that black mark for me.

EDIT: I found a youtube video (shame on me for not checking first), and indeed it does look like I could use it as either a duplicate or extended desktop, so it would suit my basic requirements in that regard. Again, too bad about the resolution, plus the wired requirement (eventually, my PC will be in a different room).

If not for the extra expense for shipping and sales tax, I might be tempted. For now, I’ll settle for my T300 Chi which is 12.5", and the difference between that and 13.3 probably would be negligible.

OK am I confused about the pricing comments… I rarely post comments (sorry just too busy) but the reference to high prices wasn’t for this product… Totally agree that more and more the prices aren’t a good deal but I’m seeing $299 at Amazon and $369 for an open box at Newegg, this is $199 with the usual $5 shipping, is anyone seeing cheaper?

No, it’s a decent price. That person is just ranting in general, presumably because they got burnt on something else previously.

I think people are a little confused regarding this item as I was when it was first on sale a month ago. If you check on Amazon there are multiple portable monitors available for roughly $80-120. However, they are almost all in the 16" range, low resolution, and heavy, plus they don’t have touchscreen capability at all. The closest competitor are the touchscreen Gechic monitors which are around $380 but don’t have Wacom pressure sensitivity. This Lenovo is also a viable alternative to the superior Wacom Cintiq line which go for $800. So given the correct competitive set, this Lenovo Wacom portable monitor is a steal at $200.

$268 new on Ebay so Woot is about a $50 savings after tax and shipping.

At this pricing, it’s really a good deal. As mentioned on the previous woot! sale on the same item, this is not a table or standalone computer. Rather it’s a USB computer monitor with built in pressure sensitive tablet.

You will need a computer with available USB port(s) and compatible OS to get this working.

When you say “mostly” can you elaborate? does it work in photoshop and illustrator on the mac?

I stumbled on a really deep review of this monitor here:

and here’s another good review:

http://www.thinkscopes.com/2015/08/thinkvision-lt1423p-review/

Its main competition is the ASUS MB168B+, which is HD resolution, non-touchscreen, and is cheaper.

It works great as a secondary display though there are a few caveats where Mac support lags. As a digitizer, it does not keep good calibration on a mac. In the center of the screen, it’s accurate, but towards the edges the cursor position might be 1-2 cm off. Pressure sensitivity works but you can’t recalibrate since Mac drivers don’t exist.

Mine works off one USB 2 port on my really old Dell Vostro V13 (ca 2009 I think)

And even through USB2, I can’t see any lag when drawing with Artrage or Illustrator.

It probably would be more visible when playing videos, I would bet. But I haven’t tried that.

As a separate monitor only, the Asus MB168B+ is a good alternative although at nearly 16" it’s too large for me to be considered portable although it is light. However, it’s a TN panel completely missing the touchscreen and Wacom digitizer which is a huge feature point for this device. Also the price is higher at $250 on Amazon than this deal.

Wired version listed for $349 Woot has the wireless list price posted

Warnings to those using Nvidia Geforce Experience/Shadowplay!

I picked up one of these last time, and as many are saying it IS a Monitor not a tablet (but I knew that going in and it’s fine for that).

One downside it has is driver weirdness, it doesn’t come with the drivers it needs in spite of having a small built-in installer with drivers, you still have to go online and download a wacom stylus driver.

In addition, and most important to me, if you use Nvidia Geforce Experience it has major conflicts - particularly with Shadowplay, and NOT just when you have it connected. If you want to get your video settings and recording with Shadowplay back to where it’s supposed to be you’ll have to uninstall the drivers each time you put the monitor away. That really ruined it for me.