Lenovo 8.0" 16GB Android Tablets - Your Choice

Lenovo 8.0" 16GB Android Tablets - Your Choice

Will it update to latest android version. Can it run all apps?

The Tab 4 8.0" model got 8.1 (Oreo) at the end of November 2018. (It jumped past 8.0)

I wouldn’t really expect it to get Pie (or whatever Q will be called), although XDA Developers might have 3rd party ROMs (such as LineageOS), though you’d have to mess with the device.

Is it really locked to Verizon or will it work on any LTE (I have T-Mobile)

1 Like

T-Mobile is GSM.
Verizon is CDMA so it won’t work.

The app appears to be down so can’t buy it.

Does anyone know the model number of the Verizon LTE one?

Can you be more specific? It’s working for me on iOS.

Does this have GPS? Don’t see it in specs.

1 Like

oooh, good question. Was considering the cheapo for the kid to take out and play pokemon go via my phone hotspot for data. Gonna need GPS, though, eh?

1 Like

Hi there. Yes, these have GPS support. We’ve updated the specs.

1 Like

I know you get a 90 day Woot Warranty. Is there a Lenova Manufacturer warranty. I am assuming they are refurbed by Lenova.

No, these are refurbished by a 3rd party. No Lenovo warranty.

This deal is insane. I might be like 5 for my employees as gifts

Hmm. Well i think that everyone assumes refurbished by original manufacturer. At least I always do on refurb. The source of the refurb should be specified. I would not have ordered it other wise.

I don’t make that assumption.

We generally have three conditions. New is obvious.

Factory Reconditioned: A “factory reconditioned” item was returned, inspected, and restored to fully working condition by the original manufacturer or a certified partner. And the original manufacturer stands behind it with a warranty. It’s as close to new as you can get without technically being “new”.

Refurbished “Refurbished” covers everything from buyers’ remorse returns and products whose defects have been repaired by the pros to damaged packaging and discontinued items. If you can accept their checkered past, refurbs have a lot of love to give.

This is pretty much the same around most retail places that I shop - Amazon, Best Buy, NewEgg, etc. Factory Reconditioned carries many monikers - Manufacturer Certified, Manufacturer Renewed, but they mean pretty much the same thing.

There are many places that sell refurbished items that are not done by the manufacturer.

If you hover over the condition, we give you the above explanations.

Hope that helps.

Ok, Thanks for that clarification. I received the tablet. First comment. WOOT is learning bad habits from AMAZON. The tablet was put into a thin bubble pouch and then put into a box with no packing! So, it rattled around while in shipment. I don’t get it. How much does packing material cost? AMAZON used to be my favorite company. But this lack of packing material is getting ridiculous.

Plus! The wrong Power Cord was sent. The tablet apparently uses a “Type C USB 3.0 connector”. I was sent a “B”. Ughh!

Odd. I’m seeing Micro USB when I Google the specs for each model.

Though, if you have the tablet with you…

Sorry for the wrong cable. Contact Woot CS and they can help you: From a browser, use the Woot Customer Service form. In the Woot App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

As to the packing, I’ll send a note to our computer team so they can work with our vendor.

THANK YOU!