Lenovo IdeaPad 13.3” Notebook

http://static.wooters.us/images/wooters-logo-tiny.png Woot Info Post
how 'bout some Jell-O, wooters.us?

Lenovo IdeaPad 13.3” Notebook [New] - $419.99 + $5 shipping

1 * Lenovo IdeaPad U350 29632HU 1.3GHz, 3GB DDR3, 250GB HD 13.3” LCD, Vista Home Prem

This post is brought to you by Wooters.us, to help make sure pricing information on the product is available in the future. We are not run by nor affiliated with Woot.

Reviews on notebookcheck.net… so-so.

I’ve had nothing but great experiences with Lenovo. Had a T42 now in my third year with a T61.

A few customer reviews at Newegg.

I really love the VeriFace system to detect your face and authorize your Windows login.

here’s a user manual from Lenovo

and the CNet review of the step up from this one

Same hardware, but loaded with Win 7, is currently on sale at Lenovo’s web site through Feb. 24. Costs slightly more, but you get the latest software image and the same warranty.

Lenovo Support page.
Driver & software.

Linux Laptop Wiki reports that it’s generally linux compatible (Ubuntu 9.04 and 9.10), but you may have to do some tweaking to get the brightness right. Also, there seems to be a problem with sound playing through speakers even though headphones are plugged in.

somehow everybody bought 2 only, not 1 or 3 so far anyway

I don’t care if I sound like a moron, soooo
This is an actual laptop right? Not a netbook. I could photoshop, Sims, Microsoft word, and flash my little heart out on this machine?

CJstuff, You buy it from Lenovo and you get to pay sales tax. Lucky You.

I don’t see whether this is a 64 or 32 bit laptop. Am I not seeing or was it not mentioned? I’m afraid it may be Windows 7 32 bit… if it were 64 bit I might buy… but the maximum ram of 4GB tells me otherwise.

BUMMAH.

And It’s Vista too. Double Damn. Oh Well.

What are the odds this can handle 1080p playback over its HDMI?

I’m sorry. no built in optical drive = netbook. whats the difference?

Decent specs… a couple hundred cheaper than you’ll find it anyplace else. My portable is an 11.6" acer, with longer battery life and a dual core processor though (this is single core). I’m not sure I’d want to go this big for an ultra-portable, and for a primary laptop I’d want more power.

Still, a good deal comparatively, if you like the size.

As stated before, do not mix this up with the version with the su2300 like I did. The su2700 that comes with this one is a single core while the su2300 is a dual core. There is a big performance difference. Otherwise, check out the notebookreview review.
http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=5374&review=lenovo+ideapad+u350

Same here. I was wary when they bought out IBM’s PC division that it would go downhill fast. I’ve found the exact opposite to be true and when I’m not buying Macs I’ll buy Lenovo.

First, not having an optical drive does not necessarily mean it’s a netbook. Netbooks are slow, small, light computers usually incapable of such mundane tasks as watching movies.

This notebook, however, isn’t really a netbook. It’s not really as bad as it sounds. It’s not an Atom, it’s much faster, and it has a high-resolution 1366×768 unlike a true netbook.
This is a fine netbook-sized computer without most of the annoying compromises of netbooks. Just like loud fans, I think that the buying public is getting tired of slow netbooks and this is a good start.