Lenovo IdeaPad Intel Core 2 Duo 14” Notebook

http://static.wooters.us/images/wooters-logo-tiny.png Woot Info Post
wooters.us - the other white meat

Lenovo IdeaPad Intel Core 2 Duo 14” Notebook [New] - $499.99 + $5 shipping

1 * Lenovo 41892AU Ideapad Y450 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB, 320GB, 14” LCD, DVD±R/RW, Vista Home Premium

This post is brought to you by Wooters.us, to help make sure pricing information on the product is available in the future. We are not run by nor affiliated with Woot.

So far so good… Anyone have an idea on battery life?

Stexe wonders if Woot wonders what Stexe is wondering.

Also, he (Stexe) wants to know if this is any good for a notebook? Been looking to spend $500 for one to take with me to Japan and was wondering what to buy.

Sounds like the problems with the PS3 the past 24 hours :frowning:

I run with an earlier model of this, I have an Ideapad y430 and it is a great laptop. It runs my dual screen setup very easily. I love it.

I would recommend that anyone who needs a 14" laptop get this. fantastic deal. Really good deal.

Here’s a couple of reviews:

http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/product/60240/review/ideapad_y450.html

and:

Meh. It’s no ThinkPad. I had a chance to play with a similar model a little while ago, and it feels cheap compared to what IBM used to offer…

Looks like a solid deal. Anyone have an idea about processor cache size? If it’s at least 2 MB this may be a good deal.

Lenovo is the company that has been making IBM products for a while now. Not too long ago, IBM decided to drop the pretense of still being a hardware company, so now everything is sold with a Lenovo badge instead of IBM…

:slight_smile:

how dare they not tell us how many cells the battery has.

Some Success with linux but the lenovo forums report some installation problems.

6-cell 5400mAh 56Wh battery

Intel Core 2 Duo processor T6400 (2.0GHz, 2MB L2 Cache, 800MHz FSB)

You should get around 4-4.5 hours with this model. And that’s running Vista. With 7 or Linux you will probably get more.

Gracias. :]

According to this review the 6-cell battery on this would last about 5 hrs of balanced power management usage.

For a small form factor notebook that brushes up against netbook territory, weight is an important consideration. This Lenovo weighs 4.98lb/5.78lb with AC adapter. Substantially heavier than a 3lb netbook, but a lot more capable.

does it have webcam?

Thanks… Don’t think I can pass this one up… Comparable ones going for $100-150 more elsewhere…