Lenovo M700 Intel i3 128GB SSD Tiny Desktop

That’s a pretty giant Pencil.

I bought a M900 Tiny with i5 256GD SSD from the Lenovo website and I love it.

Since I bought it on-line I was able to do a custom config, including internal HDMI adapter and Win Pro 10.

The Win Pro 10 install had no bloatware and was very clean…

So Dell and HP are not part of the “rest of the world” either?

I have a earlier version of this that I use exclusively as my Plex server and am 99% happy with this. The only thing I don’t like about it is that there is no headphone jack on the back.

As far as DisplayPort versus HDMI is concerned, a cheap adapter from Amazon will address that.

…and, after I posted this, I see that my concern has been addressed…there’s a headphone jack on the back of this one.

Morning all.

The articles you’re quoting on bloatware for Lenovo are over a year old. Lenovo has stopped installing that troublesome software. These ThinkCenter computers are business-grade computers. Lenovo never puts bloatware on their business-grade computers.

DisplayPort is for computer monitors and HDMI is for TV. Displayport can be adapted to VGA, DVI and HDMI with the correct adapters.

Displayport is superior because it supports 3840x2160/60Hz out of the box. HDMI in most cases will not support resolution unless it’s HDMI 2.0.

These machines are business machines thus they are geared towards the business use. I would expect HDMI on a consumer machine.

I don’t know what MAME is, but you can do basic HTPC with this. The 530 is about twice as fast as the HD 4400, but still not up to playing 4k in Kodi. 1080 shouldn’t be a problem, though.

Is the pencil included? No pencil, no deal.

Wow, y’all are feisty this morning.

I like it.

Exactly, I was looking for HDMI too, LOL. Nope it has none, the description is wrong the the specs are correct since they do not list HDMI.

I’m also looking at this small thing as a possible replacement to my aging HTPC. I know the displayport is capable of carrying digital audio like HDMI, but it’s not always implemented on PCs. Anyone know if this PC is designed to output digital audio via the displayport? Thanks!

Ahhhhh, now I understand this discussion.

There’s no HDMI. We will update the features to remove that reference.

So how easy would it be to put outlook on this? I have the disc but of course there isnt a cd rom

That said, I wholeheartedly support the “wipe it and install your favorite Linux distro of choice” approach, as Windows 10 itself is spyware (yes, I know W10 can be mostly neutered).

+1^^^ Great breakdown.

DisplayPort is standard for almost all high-end PC video cards. I would consider this a feature unless you really need to use HDMI (TV, for instance)

There are plenty of good, inexpensive DisplayPort to HMDI adapters out there. Having only DisplayPort on this does not prevent you from hooking up to a TV using HDMI - just buy a $8 adapter. The only possible issue you might run into is whether or not digital audio out via the DisplayPort is implemented on this computer (similar audio issue exist with HDMI on cheap computers too)

I’ll defend Lenovo on this one; a lot of computers, especially laptops, use miniDisplayPort. Apple standardized on it five years ago. miniDisplayPort to HDMI adapters are under $10 from any of the usual cable suppliers (Monoprice, Meritline, etc.)

Right and I believe in fairy tales and the goodness of the Donald.

Or what I do is to pull the small SSD and install Linux on a larger/different disk.

262x273

http://www.disneyclips.com/imagesnewb/images/apr183.gif[/img]