Lenovo M90P Intel i5 3.2GHz SFF Desktop

Keyboard and mice are NEW generic.

Did I read the manual (page 73) correctly that this computer has FOUR slots for DDR3 DIMMs? Is the 4GB one in one slot for 2x2? It looks like it can hold 16GB of memory? If so, This could be upgraded into an outstanding computer for around $350-$400?

I’m debating between this or a Dell desktop from Amazon for $350 new. Is there a significant difference between dual i3 and dual i5? Anyone have a Woot refurb similar to this one? Curious if there’s a significant dropoff between new and refurb for Lenovo desktops.

Oh I LOVE that brand! And it’s new!

Ok, begin.

Yes

Nobody other than Woot has Woot refurbs. EDIT: Did you mean people that have bought refurbs FROM Woot? I have a couple, both have been champs. EDIT II: Both of mine have been laptops.

Leveno is the old IBM bought out by the Chiners. Folks say the newer ones aren’t as good.

Thank you. I think i’m gonna give this one a shot. Everything I read online makes it sound like hooking 2 monitors to it is a non issue. Really just need it for use in grad school (word/excel) and to save pictures on.

Dual displays or more?

I’m looking to replace an older IBM ThinkCenter with the second VGA card they used to sell to add a second display. That spoiled me and any replacement has to support two… Or even three… Displays. Anyone know if this can handle two out of the box and be upgradable to three?

Don’t think it even has DVI. Not good to be missing either. Never would have happened if made in good old USA.

Listing shows both a vga and displayport. I looked around online at the 90P model and folks were saying in reviews that you can dual montior, but an additional video card was needed for a 3rd monitor.
(1) DisplayPort
(1) VGA

Sounds perfect for you. Editing docs, writing papers, comparing stuff. Sounds great!

PS always save your pictures to a second or third place. Nobody can replace Grandma’s pictures :slight_smile:

Don’t be naive. Everything is made in china no matter where the company has its headquarters.

I search Intel for CPU specs. I thought the number was odd, no generation number. There is no CPU using that number. I think all I5’s were 4 core.

Interesting, a poster who doesn’t read previous posts.

That’s never happened before.

So it has room for 4GB of RAM? Where do you recommend buying it online?

Thank you!

…and it supports up to 16gb ram. Plenty of room. this would make a great media server or a gateway server for those who are paranoid about security. SFF but with the price of SSD drives, you can put a few in this box and be at the mercy of your inhome throughput

I’m in for two - using them as Christmas gifts. Planning on two upgrades:

Adding additional 8GB of RAM by using 2 of the available slots

Adding USB Wifi adaptor.

May eventually add external hard drive if needed and/or see if there’s a way to add an HDMI port (less important).

That all should create a machine that would be about $500+ retail for about $350 given this deal.

A question for the experts:

Will it play World of Warcraft and if so, how well?

Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to respond.

Sweeter than a truckload of baby ducks.