Lenovo M93 Intel i5 500GB Tiny Desktop

Yes, up until 6/29/16.

Got this confirmed. This is the M93P. The sales page has been updated now. Thanks!

That is correct. This has been updated now. Thanks!

The only thing you’re going to upgrade is the ram and hard drive, possibly the processor, but all are standard, this is a $399 machine, it’s meant for a few years and to be thrown away. You need a full desktop if you want to upgrade.

Upgrade options are the same upgrade options that you would have for a laptop - HD->SSD, memory (4G->8G) (and this uses laptop parts).
The only way to guarantee that your computer can be easily upgraded/repaired is to build it yourself.

Thank you for this I honestly was just looking for this when I woke up and boom it was right in front of me! Thanks man

It has 2 logical cores per each of its physical cores. So you could consider it a quad core.

2 cores, 4 Threads
http://ark.intel.com/products/75045/Intel-Core-i5-4570T-Processor-4M-Cache-up-to-3_60-GHz

I was thinking about it but can’t find where it supports Ubuntu. We have no use at all for a windoze machine. We need something that works.

I think you can find the third party stuff and yard sale goods over thataway –>

Does it support dual monitors (display port and vga adapter?)

I bought the M73 version with the same processor and attached external optical drive. I ended up replacing the drive with a Samsung Evo 500GB and upgraded the RAM. I’m impressed by the performance and small footprint. Before the SSD upgrade, performance was fine, but after, it’s blazing fast.

I bought a PC with this form factor because while I like being able to use my laptop anywhere, more and more I find that I’m using it at my desk, connected to a 27" monitor. The M53/73/93 tiny take up much less real estate.

Thumbs up from me.

In fact, the M93p Tiny can drive up to four monitors using both DisplayPorts and dual display adapters.

How easy is it to replace the Abomination from Redmond with a real operating system on this tiny powerful box? I’d rather run Linux.

You’ll need to use a usb drive to install linux, but it works great. I’m running it as a build server on Ubuntu with the fast cpu.

Do all y’all asking about “can it run Linux” know much about Linux??

Or know how Google works?? the first 2 links here seem easy enough to find an answer

https://www.google.com/search?&q=will+lenovo+m93+run+linux

Non-standard in what way? The memory is DDR3, a standard, the drive is a SATA drive, standard, the CPU is an Intel, standard.

The mobo might be proprietary but you’re not really going to be “repairing” the motherboard anyway. You’ll be replacing it if it fails.

What else is non-standard here that you would upgrade or repair?

Personally I think all the people asking questions about whether it can run Linux are from posers. People that truly use Linux are savvy enough to know the answers or find them without help from this forum.

Can we get a picture of it with a banana, for scale?

That may be true to some flavors of M93p, but not this one. This one has only one DisplayPort output…

So the maximum number of monitors supported would be 3, including VGA output.

A SATA physical drive as opposed to an SSD…

I guess the couple of bucks makes a difference on the bottom line…

Did an INTEL NUC…If you have any type of technical expertise…The far better way of going…

Especially is you want to do an HTPC…