Lenovo Quad-Core Win 7 Pro Tiny Desktop

Bought one of the these last time and it’s a good little system. I use it to drive a CNC machine out in my shop, which is overkill, but it’s powerful enough to run my Vectric Aspire design software so I can make changes on the fly without going back inside to my main system.

Using the included antenna, the wifi signal is great. I keep the unit inside a metal workbench to protect it, and still get a full signal even on the other side of the house from the router.

This thing is tiny, so it’s easy to place it just about anywhere. You can also get a mount from Lenovo to place on the back of a monitor.

I have not yet, it died completely yesterday so I have not had the time yet. I’ll attempt to contact them, for sure, it is just frustrating and wanted to warn people that the quality level of this system isn’t exactly tops (although what should you expect for something this cheap). If it does hold together for you, the system is pretty decent, I will give it that.

Would this make a decent computer to run MAME on?

Or Minecraft? Which Intel HD Graphics is it?

It’s because HDMI requires payment to the HDMI mafia for use of their standard. That’s why computer makers are pushing displayport instead.

Shipping and tax now put this $15 over ebay. Guess Im going to pass.

Does this machine contain Lenovo.TVT.CustomerFeedback.Agent.exe?

These are new so they come with the standard Lenovo image.

You might be able to handle Mincraft pretty decently, though I wouldn’t go crazy with graphics enhancing mods and such; vanilla should have virtually no issues. This processor uses Intel HD Graphics (Bay Trail), so fairly low-end.

You might also get away with WoW on the lowest settings, but you will likely run into issues with most newer games, though.

That’s fine, I think. Most of our mods add functionality, not graphics.

It’d replace an older PC anyway, I think the most intensive game on it is the original SW battlefront…

i got one last time around and use it as my media center. Plays 1080p movies well and i suspect will have no problem with MAME/emu duties. VGA is nice for projectors, and like someone else said you can convert to HDMI if you need to.

I wouldnt try to run any new generation games on it though. Thats not really what this box is for.

Oh and be prepared to throw your own win/linux distro on there. the built in lenovo one will make you cry

Thunder…
Did you just get back from vaca?!?

Is that a TAN?!??!

It’s my Halloween get up. I think I look good in this color, don’t you?

wha?

Any way (other than USB) that I could shove a second NIC in this thing?

The golf balls in the third picture look slightly out-of-round. Will that improve my slice or make it even worse? I’m ready to try anything!

No, but let me point out, if you’re concerned with data throughput via a USB ethernet adapter, you can get a USB 3.0 adapter that will handle gigabit ethernet for under $20.

got this to go in my bartop arcade to replace my pi which struggles to play emu’s. cant wait

I was surprised to see bluetooth included, at least one the first one I have opened.

That’s the wireless antenna port. It comes with Ethernet and screw-on wifi antenna.