Lenovo T420 14.1" Intel i5 2.5GHz Laptop

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6][Preview 7]

Lenovo T420 14.1" Intel i5 2.5GHz Laptop
Price: $199.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 3-5 business days. (Wednesday, Sep 02 to Monday, Sep 07) + transit
Condition: Refurbished

[http://www.wootstalker.com/images/buy.png

Buy It](Lenovo T420 14.1" Intel i5 2.5GHz Laptop) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/amazon.png

Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Lenovo T420 14.1" Intel i5 2.5GHz Laptop) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/google.png

Search Google](Lenovo - Google Shopping T420 14.1" Intel i5 2.5GHz Laptop)

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
8/26/2015 - $199.99 (Woot-off) - Click To See Discussion (3 comments)
7/8/2015 - $249.99 - Click To See Discussion (2 comments)
7/3/2015 - $249.99 - Click To See Discussion (17 comments)

8/5/2015 - $219.99 (Woot Plus)
7/14/2015 - $219.99 (Woot Plus)
6/23/2015 - $219.99 (Woot Plus)

Check out all of these resources, including links for accessories, and videos.

CPU Benchmarks

I usually shy away from refurb items not refurbished by the manufacturer; but this is a decent deal on a solid laptop.

My experience, FWIW:

I bought one of these earlier this year and it died very quickly and was a HUGE hassle to return. Woot sent me to Lenovo, who transferred me to IBM! Big runaround just to get to the refurbisher, massive waste of my time.

I might–might–trust a factory refurbished Thinkpad, but not one from some random outfit.

Nope. I have this, and it’s a piece of junk. Lenovo puts so much crapware on their systems that cannot be removed. Plus, they force updates to the point where many times it’s just not usable. I cannot recommend Lenovo products at all.

Lenovo recently caught installing a vulnerability in their BIOS through Windows WPBT: http://askbobrankin.com/lenovo_caught_installing_immortal_crapware.html?pcp

This does not seem to be an affected model, but I could never trust Lenovo… Mostly because they would use Windows WPBT which I see as near impossible to detect and impossible to remove spyware, and may be reckless and sloppy with what they do force on the consumer.

I bought one of these a year ago, and it has been solid for me. The kids use it, I use it - it keeps going. The only issue I had with it was it came with a dvd rom drive instead of a dvdrw, and upon my request, the 3rd party refurb company immediately sent me the correct drive.

And FWIW, mine is also win7 pro, and eligible for the free win10 upgrade. Haven’t done that yet, though, as Win7 is so nice.

This is a Thinkpad therefore does not have WPBT installed and does not install things or force updates on its own.

We never will know though, will we? Other than we do know you have in the past. And you certainly do brand the hell out of your system.

I bought a T410 last year from Woot for about the same price. I did a fresh install of Windows 7 on the existing hard drive which I stored away. Then I added a new SSD hard drive and installed linux on that one. I really like this laptop.

I bought the T410 last year and installed a 240G SSD from Crucial. I used freeware to clone the drive and it took about 18 minutes. Went very smoothly and makes the laptop very responsive. I couldn’t be happier nor gotten a better laptop for the price.

If you were bright enough to comprehend the text in the link you posted you would understand these vulnerabilities don’t apply to Thinkpads.

Just went for it. Planning on wiping the disk and installing Linux. That should solve the bloatware problem. Not sure if I’m going to spring for the SSD.

Bought one of these from woot a year ago and it was awful. Factory refurbished machines are a great deal from woot, but avoid these. Refurbished by some dude in a basement is more like it. Instead of cleaning the palmrest area they put huge black sticker sheets over everything, including the logo, which was raised and poked through. It had dings and dents everywhere and the logo on the top was filed down for some reason. The whole machine and the box reeked of cigarette smoke. I love woot, and their factory refurbs are a great deal. But think three or four times about buying just a “refurbished” unit like this.

Does this supports Widi?

Every image here shows the camera and fingerprint reader installed. Specs say “no”. I suppose the specs are probably right, and the images are not of the actual product being sold?

Solid notebook, the one shipped to me is the Type: 4180 model (so it came with a built-in camera; wish they’d state the model # they were in the Woot listings), & we LOVE IT. Took the RPM 500GB drive it came with out (advertised as a 320GB) when it arrived, replaced it with a 6GB transfer rate, 100GB SSDrive, MAX’d the RAM from 4GB to 8GB (two new chips to get the fastest boost), & recently wiped the drive to install WIN10; WOW I want more of them, but am holding out for a GREAT DEAL on a T430 as I am requiring 16GB RAM.

This Lenovo sells for about $110. & up to about $150… on other sale sites refurbished. Lenovo does NOT sell this model anymore. The i5-2520m is sweet.