Lenovo T420 14.1" Intel i5 2.5GHz Laptop

I purchased one of these laptops for my 70-year-old father last June. While he says he wishes the “screen” were larger, he says the computer has worked without a flaw.
Because these refurbished models have been offered several times previously, I’d guess that hundreds, if not thousands have been sold during Woot offerings. Yet, there is just a smattering of unfavorable comments. One would reasonably think that if this model Lenovo, offered for sale by Woot, were such a canine, there would be far more negative comments in this discussion forum.

Are you certain it was from the same source and the same model. The data above would seem to indicate that this computer was initially offered in June of 2015.

It was August of 2014 and it was this model:

So it was ever so slightly different (410 vs. 420) but it was bad enough to make me shy away from “refurbished” computers from woot forever. Factory Refurbished I’m on board with tho. :slight_smile:

does anyone received the laptop?

and how is it ?

Better spec than advertised. 1600x900, 500GB drive, Intel wifi. Memory and PCIe slots on the bottom are empty. There is a sticker over the palmrest but it’s a nice material and not a problem. It won’t be too nice after a year of use though, so I’ll deal with it then. Slight perfume smell, no smoke smell at all. Otherwise very clean. I haven’t charged it all the way up and run it down to check the battery yet, but it ran for a while and seems to be fine. The hinge isn’t quite as solid as on my old one but you wouldn’t notice unless you compared it directly. Came with a clean Win7 install with no crapware, but I’ll put Linux on it shortly anyway. Over all I’m happy with it for the price.

Got mine today, third Lenovo Refurb, second t420, better than advertised specs here too… :slight_smile: this one came with 8gb of ram. Sweet little unit, my other two have been flawless as well. Incredible unit for 200 bucks.

Just got it, 1600x900 resolution, only 4gb ram, but did include 500gb hard drive and a web cam (woot). does have the black plastic sticker over the front cover, handrest, touchpad, AND left/right buttons @ the bottom, stickers on left/right trackpad buttons not centered well, gently peeled them right off. no odors. does have wear on corners of cover. also included small led light next to webcam for lighting up the keyboard (business precursor to backlit led keyboards). also included bluetooth (extra woot). will update later on longevity

Anyone else have to deal with a non-genuine flag due to invalid product key for the OS?

** issue resolved… sticker quality is poor and B=8

can upload some photos of the laptop?

Was able to successfully upgrade to 16GB RAM with the following:
http://amzn.to/1EXD1NV

Crucial 16GB Kit (8GBx2) DDR3/DDR3L-1600 MHz (PC3-12800) CL11 204-Pin SODIMM Memory for Mac CT2K8G3S160BM / CT2C8G3S160BM

Second DIMM slot (the primary in case you were wondering) is under the keyboard, and takes only 1 screw to remove. Instructions found here:
https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/migr-76809

Installed VMWare Workstation Player, now I have linux and Win 7pro, plus other VM’s for wife to print coupons!