Lenovo T530 15.6" 256GB Notebook

Lenovo T530 15.6" 256GB Notebook

Is this a good deal for a back PC? I am a Mac person but occasionally need a PC for PC only software. I don’t want anything with a bunch of bloatware pre-installed.

It might come with bloatware, but you can always download a clean ISO directly from Microsoft (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO), format the hard drive and do a clean install of Windows; it is what I do with every computer that I buy. W10 is pretty good at downloading the necessary drivers for your PC.

1 Like

Yes, this will work fine for typical Windows software. It’s a solid computer and a pretty good deal. I just bought a T430 with 128GB SSD for $225, so I wish I would have waited.

1 Like

Love the ThinkPads, and with only another Year of Microsoft Support for my Win 7 laptop I guess I should start looking for a Windows 10 Model. Any other thoughts out there on the Processor, etc? Thanks

1 Like

Is there an actual full model number for this or a manufacture date? The ThinkPad T530 spans back several years. I am looking to buy something my daughter can use for college and my hope is it will last a bit. The specs seem amazing for the price.

This will last your daughter’s whole college career. Pretty much the only thing that “wears out” on this is the battery and they’re easily replaceable and relatively inexpensive. Thinkpads are tough and dependable.

1 Like

Now that you mention it, this looks EXACTLY like my old Win 7 model … not to say it won’t last a long time, as mine is prolly 4-5 years old and still kicking.

2 Likes

I received my laptop today and the highest resolution it will let me set it to is 1366 x 768.

The sale page said it was 1920 x 1080 whats the deal woot?

+1 low res, no bueno!

edit: Machine type is 2394DV5 … max rez is listed as 1366 x 768

Is there an appropriate update Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.33] ?

Add me to the list… 2394DV5. Disappointing as the laptop looks like new despite it being what appears to be 2011/12 vintage.

I knew that it was too good to be true.

Unit that showed up at my door was in like new condition, but not the resolution promised by Woot.

Ive already updated all drivers, windows firmware on the laptop and the available resolution on the laptop screen is still a max of 1366x768.

I made a new topic on the everything but woot topic, listed it below.

This laptop was sold as having 1920x1080 resoluton. The highest resolution the laptop’s screen can be set to is 1366x768. The fact that it had the 1920x1080 was a major selling point for a lot of buyers and now we are left with a sub par laptop we cant use. What are you going to do woot?

1 Like

Hello all! I’ve sent a note to the computer team to see what happened. In the meantime, please contact Woot Customer Service for assistance. From a browser, use the Woot Customer Service form. In the Woot App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Note that we’ve updated the sale to show 1366 x 768 until we figure out what happened.

1 Like

Blockquote Woot here regarding your recent order for the Lenovo T530 15.6" 256GB Notebook. It’s recently come to our attention that this computer came with a HD 1366 x 768 screen instead of the advertised 1920 x 1080 screen. We sincerely apologize for the mistake. We’ve gone ahead and issued a $20 refund for the mistake.

If this is a dealbreaker for you, please let us know and we’ll be happy to provide a pre-paid return label for you to send it back for a full refund. You can reach us by emailing support@woot.com.

Thanks for understanding,

Woo

Blockquote

Yep. We moved forward with the email while we investigate what happened.

If anyone else comes late to this thread with the same issue, please contact Woot Customer Service for assistance. From a browser, use the Woot Customer Service form. In the Woot App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.